Southampton 10th Oct

Karanja

hi karanja the qe2 will be berthed at the qe2 terminal and the qm2 will be berthed at the city cruise terminal, ventura will be berthed at the mayflower terminal and amadea will be at berth 104(where ever that is)hope this helps.happy sailings .. humpy..

hi karanja the qe2 will be berthed at the qe2 terminal and the qm2 will be berthed at the city cruise terminal, ventura will be berthed at the mayflower terminal and amadea will be at berth 104(where ever that is)hope this helps.happy sailings .. humpy..

The Mayflower terminal is at berth 106, so 104 is next door - possibly using the same terminal building (though given the size of Ventura, this may not be possible!)

Ted, If you ever want to see this sort of info, have a look at

http://www.southamptonvts.co.uk/cruise_ship.asp where the known departures are listed.

:)

Karen

not going on either ship(wish i was) my friend vic on going on qm2 and i am seeingn him off. going on blue funnel trip to see them lve. nice to see AMADEA again, just did a ship visit on her in BREMERHAVEN. might stay the night in soton as amadea not going till 2100hrs

dave

What's with the screaming?

Anyway, I trust Cunarders' info too. I will be on the QE2 on Oct 10 for its final crossing to New York. From what was included in the info given to us, the QE2 will be receiving passengers at the QEII Terminal. Also, I have heard that the QM2 will be over at the Mayflower Terminal so I believe the info given is as correct as the information that was passed out by the authorities.

David

The Mayflower terminal is at berth 106, so 104 is next door - possibly using the same terminal building (though given the size of Ventura, this may not be possible!)

Ted, If you ever want to see this sort of info, have a look at

http://www.southamptonvts.co.uk/cruise_ship.asp where the known departures are listed.

:)

Karen

Thank you Karen et al for the docking info. It looks like QE2 gets the best berth to embark passengers for the last westbound.

Ted in NYC

Taxi drivers usually just ask which ship you are going to.....they are a) kinda hard to miss and b) kinda hard to get confused......

Peter

See you at Waterloo.

I was over ten days ago and I came in on a SW Train from Exeter St. Davids and as I was walking down the platform, I passed a Megatrain carriage on a SWT to So'ton, etc., third from the rear (buffers). It would have been leaving at about 7pm.

So I guess we need to scurry if in fact we are confined to one carriage, rather than have access to the entire standard class accommodation.

Ted in NYC

oh, i forgot to mention, as you arrive into southampton and enter the dock area, there is a lit sign that says which liner is at which dock, can't miss it, we will be on the QM2, second time for me, first time for hubby, SOOOOOO! exciting, is';nt it?

So I guess we need to scurry if in fact we are confined to one carriage, rather than have access to the entire standard class accommodation.

Ted in NYC

Ted,

See you at Waterloo or in Southampton! At least we'll do better than the time I had the 'bright idea' to get off the train (packed with cruisers & crossers as several ships were sailing that day) at Southampton Airport and 'get a taxi from the rank there'. Only, there isn't 'a rank there' - we had to order one & wait 45 minutes.....Travelling companion not amused.....

Peter, Sydney.

Ted,

See you at Waterloo or in Southampton! At least we'll do better than the time I had the 'bright idea' to get off the train (packed with cruisers & crossers as several ships were sailing that day) at Southampton Airport and 'get a taxi from the rank there'. Only, there isn't 'a rank there' - we had to order one & wait 45 minutes.....Travelling companion not amused.....

Peter, Sydney.

Peter - there is a rank at Southampton Airport Parkway - I used it only the other day when there were no taxis available at the airport itself - it's on the London Bound side, (outside the actual station building) - of course there is no guarantee any taxi drivers were using it when you were there :)

An alternative if you find yourself in the situation again might be to walk up to the airport & use their service (just inside the arrivals door), they don't seem to check if you have flown in. Its a bit more expensive & again there might be a wait (we were quoted 30 mins, which is why we went to the station) - but usually there are cars waiting, or available within 10 mins - there is also a bar & cafe in there if the wait is too long;) (though I suppose I should add the caveat that they call you when a cab is available so you need to be close to their desk - its not on a tannoy system:( - they have also been known to ask you to share a cab :eek:)

Karen

Ted,

Peter, Sydney.

Peter

You are a long way from Guernsey! Hope you make the train to make the boat!

By sitting in the 3rd/4th carriage from the rear of the train (Ssshhh!) it stops opposite the Way Out for the taxi rank. That can get a jump on things, plus some people are ever so slow getting themselves together, and they sort of fall out of the train onto the platform with their luggage.

There is always a back up plan, such as taking the free Link bus from Southampton Central to Town Quay, then finding a taxi there or walking to the terminal - turn right at the old White Star HQ - not so fanciful as I did it on 21st Sptember to join QM2. Then I was being cheap, doing it as a lark and the day was sunny and warm. London Victoria CS all the way to the ship for 5 pounds. My companion (wife) would not have been amused doing it this way but then she wasn't there then, and she will be this time. Maybe I better discuss it over dinner - now.

Ted in NYC

Archived