Made it aboard by 3 minutes

DAllenTCY

For those of you who have already been made aware of the "90 minute rule", I give you the following. (If you aren't aware, check other posts about it).

Yesterday in San Diego, the last 2 guests made it aboard for their 30 day South Pacific cruise by that margin...3 minutes.

The bridge had already informed shore staff that the cut-off for embarkation would be absoutely enforced.

Tension rose... as just the one envelope remained on the check-in counter....clock ticking.

We're all glad that they made it, and "high fives" were passed along....but why had they not completed the necessary information weeks ago?

PLEASE, submit your personal information at least 1 week ahead of your trip.

David

The same thing happened to me boarding the Eurodam earlier this month, and needless to say, I was sweating bullets. :eek:

My train to Penn Station was running late, and I got to the dock 10 min into that new cut-off period. But I was amazed at the volume of other late arrivals, so getting on board was not really a problem.

Doesn't mean that I'll be risking it again in the future ... not worth the anxiety.

For those of you who have already been made aware of the "90 minute rule", I give you the following. (If you aren't aware, check other posts about it).

Yesterday in San Diego, the last 2 guests made it aboard for their 30 day South Pacific cruise by that margin...3 minutes.

The bridge had already informed shore staff that the cut-off for embarkation would be absoutely enforced.

Tension rose... as just the one envelope remained on the check-in counter....clock ticking.

We're all glad that they made it, and "high fives" were passed along....but why had they not completed the necessary information weeks ago?

PLEASE, submit your personal information at least 1 week ahead of your trip.

David

A very wise thing to do!!

In late July we were on an HAL bus from Sea Tac to Canada Place. A three hour bus ride turned into a 5 hour bus ride and we made it to Canada Place about 5 minutes before the Zaandam was set to sail. Being an HAL bus they would have held the ship though. We went straight to the room and when we got there the ship was moving. If we had been on the Quick Shuttle we would have arrived at the dock in time to see the ship sail out under the Lyons Gate Bridge.

I hope travel agencies are making it a point to educate their clients about the 90 minute thing.
I certainly hope so, too. I have a feeling that many folks, though, pay scant attention to what they're told or what information they're given in writing by the cruise lines.

Archived