9/30/08 LIVE from Carnival Miracle

Radio

Radio: Continued great photos. Have a question. We will be sailing on 6/17/09 which leaves one day later then this cruise. Leaving Wed out of NYC and returning to NYC on Thurs. Having said that, our arrival in St. Thomas will be on a Sunday. Do you know if any of the shops in St. Thomas are open on Sundays?

Having said that, our arrival in St. Thomas will be on a Sunday. Do you know if any of the shops in St. Thomas are open on Sundays?

If there are ships in port most of the shops will be open. We visited on a Sunday in 2006 and all the shops were open - they didn't want to miss the opportunity to take our money.:p

Radio,

Thank you for the daily reviews and the beautiful photos! It's been about 4 years since I've sailed the Miracle, and about 20 years since I've seen Tortola! I really enjoyed my virtual tour of Roadtown.

btw....Oh, how I miss that onboard Sushi Bar! :D

Happy cruising!

..... quick question, since the 'Miracle' and 'Legend' are in the same class, do you know if they are laid out the same way. I only ask because from your pictures I don't see a lot of similarities......Jack :)

Jack,

I have been lucky enough to be on the Spirit, Legend, and Pride...all sister ships of the Miracle. (I get to be on the Miracle in January - Woohooooo!) They all have the same basic layout, but there are some differences. Checking out the deck plans, as someone else suggested, will give you the layout. But the differences I noticed, you wouldn't necessarily see in the deck plans. Most of them were just little upgrades here and there. For example, the Spirit was the first ship in this class. The gym and spa area were small and poorly laid out (IMHO), but the Legend and the Pride improved this area dramatically. I don't know if the area size was increased or just better utilized.

The Spirit class is still my favorite, but my goal is to try them all!:D

radio.....ventured over here from the rc board. i'm used to reading more familiar names of ship locations etc. but this is very interesting:)

i have a quick question if you don't mind....we'll be in st. thomas this december and were convinced that saffire beach was to be our destination.....now your review says that you think morning star is "better". can you tell me the differences? thanks and really....you are (once again) providing an amazing service.

Hello everyone. . . We are heading NNE at 21knts, and we are currently 278nm SW of Bermuda, and 750nm SSE OF New York City.

It seems that we are really rocking tonight. . .But we have a lot of sea to cover before we get to New York.

I guess that the crew is used to this, because none of them have voiced a concern (at least not to us)

Tomorrow morning is the all important Debarkation Talk with our Cruise Director at 11AM.

Here is our location. . .

Thanks for tuning in. More pics tomorrow !

Radio

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

We are heading back to New York quickly !

MAP11.JPG

Radio, I note that you say you are moving along at a good clip on your way back to NY. This seems to indicate that the Miracle does not have a propulsion issue as was reported recently. So what's the scoop on that? :confused:

Radio I'm tracking you as well and you are facing 3' waves, and the wind at 24 knots..looks like your really on the move too..thank you for all the wonderful posts..

http://www.sailwx.info/shiptrack/shipposition.phtml?call=H3VS

think you have to hit update..to see exactly what's up..

but you probably know all that already..it's all new to me so I find all this detail information exciting..good night..

Jack,

I have been lucky enough to be on the Spirit, Legend, and Pride...all sister ships of the Miracle. (I get to be on the Miracle in January - Woohooooo!) They all have the same basic layout, but there are some differences. Checking out the deck plans, as someone else suggested, will give you the layout. But the differences I noticed, you wouldn't necessarily see in the deck plans. Most of them were just little upgrades here and there. For example, the Spirit was the first ship in this class. The gym and spa area were small and poorly laid out (IMHO), but the Legend and the Pride improved this area dramatically. I don't know if the area size was increased or just better utilized.

The Spirit class is still my favorite, but my goal is to try them all!:D

Thanks 'SheilaS' and everyone who responded. I only asked because we were on the 'Legend' back in 2002 and I was having a hard time seeing any similarities from then and 'Radio's' pictures now! And I would hope that I would remember it fairly well since our daughter was married on that cruise. I had looked at the deck plans on Carnival's site but couldn't draw much from them. In any case, thanks to all and 'Radio' keep those fantastic pictures coming.

Jack :)

Radio...

I am sad for you and for us that your almost back to NY....No chance your doing a back to back is there? I could sure use another 8 days of your post....!!!!!:D Regardless thank you so much for sharing with us....I'll miss you!

Radio,

Thanks so much for this. I seriously have been considering a Miracle cruise for next year and now I *really* want this to be our next ship. Everyone seems to love the Miracle. I can see why.

The picture of "Gables Garden" (I think that's what it was called) was so excellent--the composition of the shot was just great.

Thanks for the review--I appreciate all your work while you're on vaca!!!

Hello everyone. . . We still heading back to New York, with a little rough seas today.

The winds are from the NE at 30kts, and the wave heights are about 8ft. I have sailed in rougher weather before, but the first time cruisers are really feeling it.

We are in the Gulf Stream, and are experiencing the outcome of a cold front that we passed last night. Our closest point of land is Cape Hatteras, NC (252nm W).

We have sailed 985nm since Tortola, and still have 425nm to get to NYC/

The Captain has suggested that we will be back at Pier 90 by 10AM tomorrow.

The weather forecast for tomorrow is 72° f, and sunny. (We should be able to get a few nice pics in NYC)

I wish I could post some video that I have taken on this cruise, but I will make a Trip Report Video when I get home.

You can see some of the vids I have made, including the last “LIVE” from Carnival Victory HERE (Canada Aug 2008)

I will try post again later today. . . Thanks for tuning in !

Radio

We are having some rough seas today (early AM)

Q1.JPG

The seas are much, much rougher than they appear (From my balcony)

Q5.JPG

Metropolis Lounge this morning

Q12.JPG

Fountainhead Atrium (Deck 2/3)

Q7.JPG

Phantom Theatre entrance just before Debarkation Talk

Q3.JPG

Big applause for all of the hard workers during the Debarkation Talk

Q16.JPG

Radio...

I am sad for you and for us that your almost back to NY....No chance your doing a back to back is there? I could sure use another 8 days of your post....!!!!!:D Regardless thank you so much for sharing with us....I'll miss you!

Thanks for the nice comments. . . I might be doing another "LIVE" report very soon. . . Stand by for details.

Radio

Radio,

Thanks so much for this. I seriously have been considering a Miracle cruise for next year and now I *really* want this to be our next ship. Everyone seems to love the Miracle. I can see why.

The picture of "Gables Garden" (I think that's what it was called) was so excellent--the composition of the shot was just great.

Thanks for the review--I appreciate all your work while you're on vaca!!!

Thanks for the nice comments. . . I have many many more pics, that I will try to post (Miracle Public Rooms) when we get to NYC tomorrow. . .

Radio

Radio, thanks so much for the wonderful review and pics!! :D It has helped pass the time before my cruise leaves on October 19th (11 days to go)!! :D I'm already sad that "our" wonderful cruise on the Miracle is almost over!! :( Please let us know when you are cruising again, I can't wait to join you!! :D

Archived