9/30/08 LIVE from Carnival Miracle

Radio

I was on the Miracle in June and I remember much of the things you memtioned. It was great seing your pics and saying "that seat is where I..." I am trying to convince my family to take a cruise on the Miracle next summer and I think your blog will help me do that! Thanks for taking the time to let us enjoy your voyage.

Thank you so much for the live update. The pictures are awesome. We don't travel on the Miracle until 9/5/09, so I have a long wait to see her. I really appreciated seeing the pictures of the ship and look forward to whatever else you share with us. It really is so nice of you to take so much time from your vacation to post this thread. A big THANK YOU to you and Mrs. Radio.

JoAnn

We were at the Wed meeting at Jeeves.. the trivia game was going on.. there were about 6-8 of us there. We met Mike & George and then later ran into George a few times... I was so looking forward to saying Hello.. it was a great trip wasn't it ?

Your post has been fantastic, the photos are beautiful.. well now it's time to plan the next...

We were at the Wed meeting at Jeeves.. the trivia game was going on.. there were about 6-8 of us there. We met Mike & George and then later ran into George a few times... I was so looking forward to saying Hello.. it was a great trip wasn't it ?

Your post has been fantastic, the photos are beautiful.. well now it's time to plan the next...

Sorry I missed you, and the group.

I was at the Trivia too. . . We got there at about 1:50, and waited until about 2:10. . .

I did get to meet up with George though. . . It was great to meet him! !

Radio

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Well, Radio, looks like you got home safe and sound...kind of sad when you think of the ship sailing without you and someone else in "your cabin" and at "your dining table" :o Wish there was someone doing this for you THIS week like you did for me LAST week! I read your "about me" on your blog (or whatever you call it!) and can't believe you have been on so many cruises! Like you, my first cruise was in 1992 (a year later than you) but you have been on more than double the cruises I have, and from the moment the ship sailed, I was HOOKED. And like you, I could care less where I sail to, I just want to be out at sea. Funny because our lst cruise I HAD to go (DH was president of PBA and it was a tri state PBA chartered cruise) You had to DRAG me on the ship; I was TERRIFIED of not seeing land for so long, but the minute we sailed past the Lady and out to sea I couldn't care less about stepping foot on land again :eek: Maybe we should try to do a group cruise next September! The Miracle sails from NY, but there is a different itin which I believe goes to Coco Cay! WELCOME home and many thanks for taking the time out of your vacation to share your week with us. Sure did go fast! :rolleyes: :(

Hello everyone. . . I am home now ! Our Debarkation Number was # 21, and we were called at about 12:50PM to go to the Gangway (Deck 2).

We walked out, and I was told that there were only 38 passengers left on the ship. . . Going through Immigration was a breeze. they had many agents there to process us. We grabbed our luggage, and took them upstairs directly to our car.

It took us about 10 minutes just to get off of the pier, but when we got down to the 12th Ave- everything was a breeze. We made it home in just 3 hours. Not much traffic in Manhattan, and the NJ Turnpike and 95 South were very clear !

We made it home by 4:30 !

We had a great cruise, and I am happy that I chose the Carnival Miracle. I will not be writing an "official" Miracle review. Hopefully, my trip report will answer many questions. I will be able to answer any questions that have not been answered by me or the other helpful CC posters.

It was a little embarrassing for me to re-read some of my posts that included spelling, and grammatical errors. . . Oops !

I still have lots to do. . . I have to go over the 100's of pics, and try to post some that I have missed. I still want to Scan and post ALL of the Carnival Capers.

I still have lots of pics that I took of several of the cabin categories on Miracle. (thanks to CC Poster "Georgeny" for letting me get pics of his Suite)

Here are some additional pics of our arrival into NYC.

Thanks for tuning in !

Radio

We slowly approach NYC

BB1.JPG

The Verrazano Narrows Bridge

BB2.JPG

Brooklyn (foreground), and Manhattan (backround)

BB3.JPG

Unusual pic of the Staten Island Ferry, and Statue of Liberty

BB4.JPG

A mighty tug was guiding us up the Hudson River (He stayed until we docked)

BB5.JPG

We docked at Pier 90, while we see the NCL Jewel at Pier 88

BB6.JPG

Here are a few more pics. . .

Radio

:rolleyes:

We made it to the Gangway by 1PM

BB7.JPG

Immigration went very fast

BB8.JPG

It only took us a couple minutes to get our luggage.

BB9.JPG

Our final view of Carnival Miracle

BB10.JPG

We enter the Lincoln Tunnel, and away we go !

BB12.JPG

Thank you for the live reports and pictures Radio. I really enjoyed seeing them.

I was on the Miracle in August and had such a great cruise. It was my return to Carnival since 1990. I have sailed on other lines, RCCL, Cunard, and NCL during my time away. I loved the Miracle and the Spirit class ships and hope to do another one soon.

You sure are fun to cruise with, Radio! Just yesterday I was ordering my prints of our Bermuda cruise, which was right after yours, and certain shots would remind me of your commentary (such as your before-and-after Photoshop versions of the Town Crier at the Town Cut). Your "Live" posts fueled the joy in our anticipation . . . which is one of the most fun parts of vacationing!

I can't wait to see all your photos, especially Tortola. It was our introduction to the Caribbean in 1989, when we flew into Beef Island Airport and ferried to Peter Island for an anniversary trip of a lifetime. Since we had never seen anything like it, we couldn't fully appreciate its beauty at the time.

Please thank Mrs. Radio for being such a good sport in view of the fact that, like those Verizon commercials, you take your huge "network" (us!) with you everywhere you cruise!

Sue--one of your Dallas fans

Radio in the end if you don't mind me asking how much did it cost for the internet, and did you use all your minutes..I'm looking for a pratical way to contact my family and my phone won't even work on the islands, so was wondering how much the internet connection was thanks...1st time cruiser..

Hi Radio,

I just booked Miracle for Christmas. Im SUPER excited to try something new! I wish I knew you were just on her posting Live, but until now I was always on the Royal boards. (love your commentary, pictures and details- no one does it better and as you know I post Live too!) LOL

Looking forward to reading through this entire thread to learn what I can about Miracle and CCL!

Regards,

Stacey

I was finally able to scan and post all of the Carnival Capers from

my trip on Carnival Miracle. . .

You can find all of them on my Carnival Miracle Pics Album HERE !

Thanks to all of the Cruise Critic members for tuning in. . .

Radio

DAY6PG1.JPG

Radio in the end if you don't mind me asking how much did it cost for the internet, and did you use all your minutes..I'm looking for a pratical way to contact my family and my phone won't even work on the islands, so was wondering how much the internet connection was thanks...1st time cruiser..

The cost was 270 Min / $100. and 100 Min / $50.

I bought both packages. . . I used every minute. I used about 45 minutes per day.

Enjoy your CRUISE ! ! !

Radio

Thanks Radio For Your Posts................it Was Like We Were All There With You.

The Pics You Posted Each Day Were Sooooooooo Much Better Than Those That I Took On Our Sailing (the One Before You)

Can I Go To Your Album And Order Prints? Or Are They Just To Look At?

Dondon55

Foxboro Ma

Archived