Room upgrade day of sailing????

sylantbob

It is highly unlikely that you will be able to do this - usually by the sail date, the ship is fully booked. You might want to call your TA/PVP now and see if there's any way they can upgrade your stateroom for an additional charge, then you can decide if it's worth the money to you.

I hit up my PVP yesterday - we leave in 32 days - Told him that most the balconys were gone, but there were a lot of suites...We'd have an aft balcony, and we'd be more than happy to take either #x or #y (a deck lower) off their hands so they can sell the highly coveted aft balcony - he laughed. :eek: He said it was unlikely, but he would keep my name at the top of the list JUST IN CASE...He also said that bookings were slowing a little...but not to worry - he was sure we could fill the ship!!

Doesnt hurt to check - you never know...

EXTREMELY unlikely. Generally there are signs in the terminal and the Pursers desk "No Upgrades". That's also the word as posted on Carnicval.com. Having said that, there have been a few posters who claim they've gotten an upgrade at check-in. ken

EXTREMELY unlikely. Generally there are signs in the terminal and the Pursers desk "No Upgrades".

Right. On each cruise, on the first day I've noticed a sign at the purser's desk..."No cabins available."

Are there any stats that show the percentage of cabins sold out for individual cruise lines? Not for before the ship sails but just in general.

Are the Carnival state they sail at 105% full or 110% full?? What is full to you may not be full to the cruiseline, depends on how many cribs and rollaways are being used too.

Cruiselines always sail full, what sold out means, if they try to leave a couple of cabins for emergencys?? hard to say. I dont think share holder benefits would release exact numbers more specific.

Archived