Cozumel Bar Hop Bus

gracie65

Dem I got my massage at the first stop and I am pretty sure I paid like a dollar a minute.. I only got like a 10 min and it was pure heaven...talk about being relaxed:p

ohyes, each bar has its own signature shot..but they are all great shots!

I will certainly miss going on this bar hop tour with you Tina. In all my cruises, this has been my favorite excursion. And yes you were VERY relaxed after that massage :D

We received our "rendezvous email" from CBH yesterday - it's gonna be fun! We were reminded to bring cash for food and bail (if needed), lol.

The email made them sound like lots of fun. I am so looking forward to it.:D

Wondering the same thing as Good Buck - how much did you end up spending on the day?

I live in NJ so I live in a pretty high priced state. I found that the drink prices and food prices at most of the places was not expensive, compared to around where I live. If you just have the shot where you go, and don't drink beyond that, then you don't have to spend a lot. Also, the drink prices for the most part were cheaper than on the ship!

Terry

I did have a couple of local beers at the bars and if I can remember right:p the beer was about 2 bucks each and maybe the extra shots and drinks 4-5 bucks maybe.. I was having way to much fun and can't remember exactly how much I paid. I do remember it being very reasonable. I didn't take alot of cash with me, and came back to the ship with cash!!

Getting a little nervous... we fly out in 2 days & have not yet received our rendezvous instructions! I sent Tom an email yesterday but no word back. He had said we'd get them a week before.... anyone else have problems? :confused:

The bar hop IS lots of fun--we went on 7/28/10. Greg was our guide and he was so nice/funny/informative. We drove through some streets on the southern edge of the city of Cozumel. He shares information on how the city expands, why you see so many folks on mopeds--interesting info.

The east side of the island is breathtaking. Enough said - go see it!

We could only swim at one stop. I never made it in because my DH, DD, and DS, as well as another couple, reported back that the water was just too rough for enjoyment. So, i just sat where i was and finished my beer. :D

We spent more $$ than we should have. The beers were very reasonable, but once you pay for the bar hop, have a few beers, maybe some salsa at Coconuts and lunch at Rastas... (Just sayin' - be careful if you are on a budget).

At the end of the tour, you realize tips are expected and you have eaten/drank your money! :eek: We tipped Greg $2.00 and the driver (a really nice guy who helped me off and on and every stop) $3.00. The other two couples tipped something like $20.00. We were embarrassed plus broke. (bad combination). Good thing Calica was a cheap stop the next day!

There were only two other couples that day. One was a couple staying at a hotel. They had done the Bar Hop a few months ago and loved it so much, they were back. The other couple's DH used to work in my husband's hometown in MA, so my DH loved talking to him.

It was a very nice day....glad we did it. You may want to take more money than we did (I think we took $60?)- or drink less.

[quote name='ohyes']The bar hop IS lots of fun--we went on 7/28/10. Greg was our guide and he was so nice/funny/informative. We drove through some streets on the southern edge of the city of Cozumel. He shares information on how the city expands, why you see so many folks on mopeds--interesting info.

The east side of the island is breathtaking. Enough said - go see it!

We could only swim at one stop. I never made it in because my DH, DD, and DS, as well as another couple, reported back that the water was just too rough for enjoyment. So, i just sat where i was and finished my beer. :D

We spent more $$ than we should have. The beers were very reasonable, but once you pay for the bar hop, have a few beers, maybe some salsa at Coconuts and lunch at Rastas... (Just sayin' - be careful if you are on a budget).

At the end of the tour, you realize tips are expected and you have eaten/drank your money! :eek: We tipped Greg $2.00 and the driver (a really nice guy who helped me off and on and every stop) $3.00. The other two couples tipped something like $20.00. We were embarrassed plus broke. (bad combination). Good thing Calica was a cheap stop the next day!

There were only two other couples that day. One was a couple staying at a hotel. They had done the Bar Hop a few months ago and loved it so much, they were back. The other couple's DH used to work in my husband's hometown in MA, so my DH loved talking to him.

It was a very nice day....glad we did it. You may want to take more money than we did (I think we took $60?)- or drink less.[/QUOTE]

thanks for posting...we are trying to decide between this and Nachi. what we are worried about is how much more we'll spend with the hop. So, you paid $100 for the ride and spent $60 on drinks / food? wow..that does seem like alot when you compare it to Nachi for the flat $50 for all inclusive

decisions decisions....

...and, I should point out that there were 4 of us.

You can spend as much or little as you want, but you probably will want, at minimum, 3-4 more drinks and some lunch...and the tip. (the tip, the tip--cannot believe I did not figure in tip money!!)

I am very glad we went--my most amazing photos from the entire cruise were taken on the Bar Hop tour.

decision made...we are doing the bar hop. after checking Nachi Cocom's website and looking at all the extras (jet ski / parasail.etc) my husband said he would "need" to jet ski...& i would want to parasail which he would end up doing too. cha ching...so if you look at it that way even if we spend $100 on drinks / food / tip on the bar hop it would be less than all the extra stuff at Nachi.

[quote name='Kajunswty']thanks for posting...we are trying to decide between this and Nachi. what we are worried about is how much more we'll spend with the hop. So, you paid $100 for the ride and spent $60 on drinks / food? wow..that does seem like alot when you compare it to Nachi for the flat $50 for all inclusive

decisions decisions....[/quote]

Nachi sounded nice to us too but so did the Bar Hop Bus. We made the right decison and opted for hte Bar Hop Bus. Very unique opportunity. That side of Cozumel is breathtaking. You will not be sorry if you choose this. More expensivle than Nachi but it is awesome. Definitely something we are looking froward to doing again

[quote name='Kajunswty']decision made...we are doing the bar hop. after checking Nachi Cocom's website and looking at all the extras (jet ski / parasail.etc) my husband said he would "need" to jet ski...& i would want to parasail which he would end up doing too. cha ching...so if you look at it that way even if we spend $100 on drinks / food / tip on the bar hop it would be less than all the extra stuff at Nachi.[/QUOTE]

I believe you will be pleased with your decision.....

everyone should go over to the East side at least once and see it....it is sooo different than the West side.

And for a couple....there is no more reasonably priced way to do it!!

so was wondering who has had the shrimp tacos at Rastas...Last bar hop I had the chicken and they were delish but really want to try something different..
I love me some shrimp just as long as it doesn't taste real fishy(if this makes sense)

I do know that I will drink me another iguana at Rastas.. I have been craving this since Jan:p

Archived