Cozumel Bar Hop Bus

gracie65

Wow! Doesn't look swim-friendly! LOL

This still sounds fun! Does it take the entire day in port? I just would hate not to do any snorkeling in Coz....

It's definitely a lot more rugged on that side, for sure. But if I remember correctly, you can swim at every place except Coconuts (because it is on the cliff)...but that was the greatest bar! You're at each bar for 45 mins to an hour, so not a lot of time for swimming either. The tour takes 4-5 hours (because it takes a while to get to the other side and back). We are big on snorkeling, too, but this trip was well worth missing it in one port. Some photos from Coconuts...

100_2235.jpg

100_2234.jpg

And they have a variety of pets if you're missing your own...

100_2233.jpg

100_2232.jpg

Looks swimmable...if the waves aren't so big (it was kind of stormy the day we went), you could probably snorkel, too.

100_2246.jpg

Our last stop (you wonder why I don't remember the name of the bar!)...and no, I was not one of those ladies...LOL! And remeber, we were a big group of friends...I'm sure this is not the norm...

100_2241.jpg

Would LOVE to do this! We are in port from 7:45 am - 3:45 PM. What time would the tour leave? Are the bars open at 8 or 9 in the AM? I'm totally not opposed to day drinking (will probably do that somewhere on Coz.) I'd like to head out early and get back to port for a little shopping, but wasn't sure how early they depart. Any ideas? Does it depend on the ship (i suppose). Would they leave early for the tour if there is enough interest?

Would LOVE to do this! We are in port from 7:45 am - 3:45 PM. What time would the tour leave? Are the bars open at 8 or 9 in the AM? I'm totally not opposed to day drinking (will probably do that somewhere on Coz.) I'd like to head out early and get back to port for a little shopping, but wasn't sure how early they depart. Any ideas? Does it depend on the ship (i suppose). Would they leave early for the tour if there is enough interest?

The best thing you can do is email Tom and ask what time the Hop is for that day. http://www.cozumelbarhop.com is the website. It's usually approximately 5 hours for the Hop... so it would seem you would have time for shopping... but it will really depend on what time they started the Hop? If they don't start until 9:30.. you might not be back until 2:30, which would mean less than an hour to shop afterward. I wouldn't recommend doing your shopping beforehand. You will possibly have to catch a cab to get to the Starbucks meeting place and I wouldn't want to be late. ;)

Thanks for posting the pics! I am getting really excited We will be on the hop Sept 15th!! I love the other side just gorgeous! By the time you arrive to the last bar most people are hammered , it always proves to be an "interesting" if not "hysterical" stop!!

Hi all

Been trying to book the Bar Hop tour for the last few hours but O keep getting a server error :confused:

Not technical at all and wondering if this means the tour is full :(

Has anyone else got this when booking?

YES! i had that all day yesterday, so I tried it on my computer at home and it worked. Not sure if it was the timing or the computer, but it went right through this morning.

The best thing you can do is email Tom and ask what time the Hop is for that day. http://www.cozumelbarhop.com is the website. It's usually approximately 5 hours for the Hop... so it would seem you would have time for shopping... but it will really depend on what time they started the Hop? If they don't start until 9:30.. you might not be back until 2:30, which would mean less than an hour to shop afterward. I wouldn't recommend doing your shopping beforehand. You will possibly have to catch a cab to get to the Starbucks meeting place and I wouldn't want to be late. ;)

Thanks! That's exactly what I did and they will take us, even with our early arrival and departure. We dock at Punta Langosta, which is nice because it's right near the meeting point. We dock at 7:15 am and the Bar Hop Bus will depart at 9:30! Wooohooo! They will drop us off at the pier at 2:30 pm (we sail at 3:45). That's seems like it will work perfectly!

I put my deposit down this morning. Now I hope there are enough people to go!!

I can't seem to find anything on the VIP pass. The webiste I pull up doesn't give much information.

i was impressed with the site for the Bar hop, the price was right, it included transportation on what appears to be a comfortable air conditioned bus, they have a fun guide that makes the trip even more exciting. It stops at the four places I've wanted to go to ont he East side of the island. Been to many of the spots on the west side, so I want to experience the other side.

Bar hop bus for us!

YES! i had that all day yesterday, so I tried it on my computer at home and it worked. Not sure if it was the timing or the computer, but it went right through this morning.

We finally managed to get our booking through and got details confirming where and when to meet. After reading this forum, we are sooooo looking forward to it.

I have emailed them once last Sunday and then on Tuesday I filled out their reservation form both on their website. I have not heard from them. Does anybody have an actual email address for the Bar Hop Tour? Also are they usually slow on responding? Do they have problems with the website?

Thanks in advance. Not answering sure does not help their business.

I received a response immediately, and an immediate confirmation of payment. I wonder if they don't respond until they receive a minimum number of people for a given day?

I have seen posts by others saying that they've had problems with getting the request to go through.

If you're a Facebook user, maybe try to contact them thru their page there?

Sometimes it takes a while before he emails you, sometimes it's right away. On one cruise I was on Cruise Critic the night before trying to find out where to meet b/c he hadn't emailed me. Thanks to the people here I had my info. Then at the last second I got his info.

It's a lot of fun and the people who run it are great!

Don't forget to tip at the end.

Archived