Cruise Critic 'addict'

Is it just me? Am I the only one? I became a member of this wonderful site a week ago & just can't seem to tear myself away! I'm reading everyone's posts daily and today, even got up at 6am so I could get ready for work and then spend half an hour on here before going to work. It's overtaking my life, seriously. I normally go to bed by 10pm but the past few night I'm finding myself reading/contributing posts up to midnight and then force myself to go to bed for at least 6 hours of shut eye.

Tonight I'm home alone ... nobody to yell at me to "get off the computer you Cruise Critic junkie" (he! he! he!) - I'm lovin' it!!!!

Happy cruising everyone leaving tomorrow on W828!

Cheers,

PAC:p

Is it just me? Am I the only one? I became a member of this wonderful site a week ago & just can't seem to tear myself away! I'm reading everyone's posts daily and today, even got up at 6am so I could get ready for work and then spend half an hour on here before going to work. It's overtaking my life, seriously. I normally go to bed by 10pm but the past few night I'm finding myself reading/contributing posts up to midnight and then force myself to go to bed for at least 6 hours of shut eye.

Tonight I'm home alone ... nobody to yell at me to "get off the computer you Cruise Critic junkie" (he! he! he!) - I'm lovin' it!!!!

Happy cruising everyone leaving tomorrow on W828!

Cheers,

PAC:p

Hey pac

You are not alone...trust me! I'm addicted too :D. I also check out CC RCCL, Carnival, Disney etc because I love cruising so much. When is your next cruise?

Your not alone passionate! but there is help out there, you have done the most important step in the recovery process and thats admitting the problem;) good luck! for the truth of the matter is there is no cure, you will continue to enter this site again and again and again so on and so on .......for you im afraid there is no cure, all the best aussiescouser:D

You are not alone. I joined a few months ago just before my cruise and even though I have sailed I plan to sail again one day SOON I HOPE. This forum is the first thing I do on my computer even before I check my email. (normally only lots of spam anyway LOL) Help me....:p

Hey pac

You are not alone...trust me! I'm addicted too :D. I also check out CC RCCL, Carnival, Disney etc because I love cruising so much. When is your next cruise?

At least this is a cheap habit, he! he! he!

I've noticed everyone has posted all the cruises they've done & what future cruises they're going on, but I haven't figured out how to do that just yet ... too busy reading & adding my own posts.

We haven't actually booked a cruise just yet, but are contemplating going on the Sun Princess, departing 11 January, 2010 for 12 nights. From memory destinations are Isle of Pines, Lifou, Vila, Wala, Champagne Bay & Noumea. We did half of those island on a Pacific Sun Christmas cruise (it was magic) in 2006. As much as we enjoyed the cultural experience on Princess Dawn W826 (returned last week), we missed the swimming & snorkelling you have at the above islands.

Cheers,

PAC:)

You are not alone. I joined a few months ago just before my cruise and even though I have sailed I plan to sail again one day SOON I HOPE. This forum is the first thing I do on my computer even before I check my email. (normally only lots of spam anyway LOL) Help me....:p

I'm so glad I have fellow addicts out there. We should get together for therapy (he! he! he!) ... but then again, we'd all talk so much it would never end.

Cheers,

PAC:D

Here I was thinking I had OCD, (at least thats what my kids keep saying), and I was taking this CC thing a bit too seriously. I get home from work around 12.15am most nights and spend till 2.00am some mornings reading and responding to posts. All that matters though is that I am not alone, and this is FUN.

Sonja

You think your addicted, wait in till your favourite ship is in Dry Dock & The web cam goes off & your half away across the south Pacific & the only way your finding out about what’s happing is from other CC members, then you will really know that your addicted :p :p ;)

At least this is a cheap habit, he! he! he!

I've noticed everyone has posted all the cruises they've done & what future cruises they're going on, but I haven't figured out how to do that just yet ... too busy reading & adding my own posts.

We haven't actually booked a cruise just yet, but are contemplating going on the Sun Princess, departing 11 January, 2010 for 12 nights. From memory destinations are Isle of Pines, Lifou, Vila, Wala, Champagne Bay & Noumea. We did half of those island on a Pacific Sun Christmas cruise (it was magic) in 2006. As much as we enjoyed the cultural experience on Princess Dawn W826 (returned last week), we missed the swimming & snorkelling you have at the above islands.

Cheers,

PAC:)

Cruise Critic is more contageous than winter flu.

This itinerary was identical to the Sun Princess 07/08 NYE cruise - we loved it. For pics of the ship and these ports, click on my webshots link.

Cough, cough, archoo

ME, ME, ME, ME!!!!!!!

I joined a couple of weeks ago and I just can't get enough (as the song is sung by Depeche Mode)!!!!!

I LOVE THIS SITE!!!!! :D :D :D

I've never learnt so much about cruising, the ship, what to take with me, what past experiences people have had, what to avoid etc, etc, etc until I found this site. The information has been completely invaluable and I love it. I always log on every day to get all the low down on new posts in case I miss anything anyone has to say that may help our cruise. Only 5 weeks to go today and I am freaking out with excitement!!!!! :D :D

I want to bounce around the room singing!!!!! BTW, whoever had the cruise ship slippers (shaped like boats) I so want to know where you got them!!!!! I want to be on a boat all the time and with those slippers on I will feel like I am lol. ;)

Oh yes,...:D ... count us in on that list of the seriously addicted, who constantly read these boards, (at ALL hours)... scour the cruise websites daily for yet more "bargains" to add to their ever growing cruise list.

Not to mention the luggage , - ever at the ready in the walk in robe..and yes, some things actually NEVER get unpacked...they just live in there - cruise to cruise,:eek: ... such as Princess passport wallets, luggage tags, toiletry bags, over the door toiletry hanger, island night flowers etc.. etc... and other useful cwoooooze stuff...

We are also very contagious....:rolleyes: ..we have now afflicted MANY friends with the same cruise BUG...what a way to go eh?????:)

S&D

0019-0402-0403-0506_TN.jpg.ac6e400fbd073b4c9780ae24806e8c3b.jpg

ME, ME, ME, ME!!!!!!!

I joined a couple of weeks ago and I just can't get enough (as the song is sung by Depeche Mode)!!!!!

I LOVE THIS SITE!!!!! :D :D :D

I've never learnt so much about cruising, the ship, what to take with me, what past experiences people have had, what to avoid etc, etc, etc until I found this site. The information has been completely invaluable and I love it. I always log on every day to get all the low down on new posts in case I miss anything anyone has to say that may help our cruise. Only 5 weeks to go today and I am freaking out with excitement!!!!! :D :D

I want to bounce around the room singing!!!!! BTW, whoever had the cruise ship slippers (shaped like boats) I so want to know where you got them!!!!! I want to be on a boat all the time and with those slippers on I will feel like I am lol. ;)

Hey Sonya,

You can purchase those cool slippers from Signatures Collection and from memory they were $14.95.

Enjoy ... you'll have a blast!!!

Oh it's great knowing I'm not alone ...

Cheers,

PAC

I'm going to get me a pair!!!! I might even buy a couple of pairs for my girls lol, they would think they were so cool!!!!

Man I am such a dag!!!!

Here's to being nutty CCers who love to cruise!!!!

:o

You know that your addicted when you use you monthly limit up before the end of the month and you have to sneak-a-peek at work to get your fix :o :o

So count me in please, I don't go out, so when I found this site by accident I found an outlet to get excited about a cruise - My family just think it's "time off from Work".

Fi

:o

You know that your addicted when you use you monthly limit up before the end of the month and you have to sneak-a-peek at work to get your fix :o :o

So count me in please, I don't go out, so when I found this site by accident I found an outlet to get excited about a cruise - My family just think it's "time off from Work".

Fi

Or maybe it would mean you are hooked when you subscribe to internet on your phone because your monthly limit is up on PC and you have two days to go till the next month. Who me???

Our cruise is a year away and my husband and kids think I am nuts! :o Coming here helps me get out all my cruise excitement so that I can actually engage them in other meaningful conversation instead of the cruise! My husband asks me at the end of the day what's new and I give him a brief synopsis of my CC learnings for the day. He is worried I'll have nothing to be excited about or there will be nothing new by the time we go.

I can think of worse addictions!:eek:

My family think it's all just way too sad, but are happy that at least I have some other like minded tragics to chat to about my addiction!

But a couple of weeks ago when my daughter came home and saw the dining table draped in what she thought was a new table cloth which had "Cruise Critic" emblazoned accross it, she really thought I had gone too far. When I told her that it wasn't a table cloth but was a banner for my next cruise and that almost 50 CCers are going on the cruise too, she almost breathed a sigh of relief, "yes Mum all your nice internet friends, (strange look on her face) hmmmmmmm"!

I see quite a few of you have only been members for a couple of months and are possibly thinking the novelty will wear off;) . Well, I'm here to tell you that I've been a member for 3 years and the novelty hasn't worn off yet. DH thinks I have a problem spending so much time on the computer. But as I say to him, what's the difference between sitting in front of the computer and sitting in front of the tv:)

Hey Karmac,

I'm with you there, I have been addicted for 7 years and still going!!! I LOST about 1200 posts on here about 3 or 4 years ago,..:confused: I should have about 3000 by now, there was a problem with the CC boards at the time... and they just disappeared!!!!!..:eek:

GRATZ....

the over door hanger,..available at the "cheapie shops"..its vinyl, about 18 inches wide by about 3 feet long, has many pockets in the front for holding all the toiletries, scissors, sunscreen, brushes, combs, toothbrushes etc, such a handy thing, it has a hanger and hangs on the bathroom door, keeping everything neat and tidy. Always take it with us, and have taken them for friends we traval with too, they luv 'em...:) it weighs nothing and just lays flat in your bag or will roll...

S&D

0001-0508-0414-4816_TN.jpg.69250e79250943c98cb14fd992d5c46c.jpg

I see quite a few of you have only been members for a couple of months and are possibly thinking the novelty will wear off;) . Well, I'm here to tell you that I've been a member for 3 years and the novelty hasn't worn off yet. DH thinks I have a problem spending so much time on the computer. But as I say to him, what's the difference between sitting in front of the computer and sitting in front of the tv:)

Very true Karen,

We are all entitled to recreation time. Whether it is TV, Computer ,Cross stitch, Poker or playing tiddly-winks.

I am glad to know that most of you will still be part of the furniture in 3yrs time. There are a few that leave for their cruise and never post again, but that is definately the minority.

There are a few that leave for their cruise and never post again, but that is definately the minority.

Yes, there are a few that do that and it's a shame really. I realise some may not want to be a part of CC when everyone is talking about their upcoming cruises & they don't have one booked. But some of them don't even come back on to tell us how their cruise went which is diaappointing.

Archived