Mariner Cabin 2252

agennis

Anyone have any feedback on this cabin? I recently gave up our promenade view room for an oceanview guarantee and received 2252. I am sure the cruise will be great no matter what, but yikes.....now I am nervous.

I have some pics from sister ship Voyager which should be the same as Mariner. The window is HUGE, Id guess at least 5 ft tall. Its a connecting stateroom, but I never heard a peep from next door, but they forgot to lock the door so we had to get someone to lock it. RCL says the cabin is 180 s.f.

The downside for us was the deck doesnt go thru, just crew are allowed to walk thru to the aft. So, to get to dinner on the 3rd deck (which also doesnt go thru) we had to take 2 elevators, one up to 4/5 and walk across and then take a elevator down. If you are able bodied, you probably wouldnt even mind.

The plus is there is a tucked away movie theater right in the front of this deck, which most people dont seem to find. You can sneak in and out and watch movies if you want some down time. Im looking at the deck plans, and we might have had one of the connecting cabins the next ones down, the one you have is a quad? We might have had 2462??

The door is right next to the comfortable chair.

Picture218.jpg

HUGE window compared to anything Iv seen on other ships.

Picture214.jpg

Picture213.jpg

The cabin you've been given is a tad larger than the promenade cabin--but you'll probably have just a porthole, as opposed to a window.

Maybe its a deep dark secret, these cabins have HUGE windows and thats why no one books them on purpose?? I think every cabin I talked to, plus the 5 of us last minute bookers all landed in the empty cabins on deck 2 OVs with guarantees.

Shhhhhh, lets not tell. ... at least I think Voyager and Mariner are sister ships so the cabins would be the same?

Archived