NCL or Disney Cruise Line - Baltics

perthgirl

Hi - We are thinking about the 12 day disney cruise rumoured to be announced next week for 2010. Only problem is I expect it will be pricy! As a comparison I see NCL has a 12 day for around $1200 USD per person (inside cabin) which I assume will be alot less than Disney.

I've posted on Disney forum but wonder if you have any comments? We have done 4 day Disney when my DD was around 8 and a 12 day Med with Carnival. To be honest we preferred Disney but then we weren't there as long and it was a while ago so that may have influenced our thinking?

Anyone done Carnival, Disney and/or NCL and can give an opinion? My daughter will be 13 and not likely to spend much time at kids club given Europe is so port intensive?

Hi - We are thinking about the 12 day disney cruise rumoured to be announced next week for 2010. Only problem is I expect it will be pricy! As a comparison I see NCL has a 12 day for around $1200 USD per person (inside cabin) which I assume will be alot less than Disney.

I've posted on Disney forum but wonder if you have any comments? We have done 4 day Disney when my DD was around 8 and a 12 day Med with Carnival. To be honest we preferred Disney but then we weren't there as long and it was a while ago so that may have influenced our thinking?

Anyone done Carnival, Disney and/or NCL and can give an opinion? My daughter will be 13 and not likely to spend much time at kids club given Europe is so port intensive?

DH and I were on a 12 day NCL cruise from Dover to the Baltics in June. Friends of ours went on the same ship, Jewel, in July as first time cruisers and loved it. We so enjoyed the ititenery, especially overnight in St. Petersburg, and loved the Jewel so we are on her again in Oct. to Canada/NE on a 10 day. If you don't like "Freestyle" you might want another line but we don't like to be stuck with the same people at the same time evey night.

Good luck,

Ruth ;)

Ok, I'm a huge NCL fan! But if money is no issue....go with Disney! I personally cannot afford them anymore!

Disney is significantly more expensive than other lines, but it is also worth it. If you have kids that age I'd go for it. This from a big fan of NCL.

I only did a 4 day disney cruise, was mad the cruise was so short. A 12 day cruise would be great. Good for you if you get it right when it is announced.

We did the Jewel to the Baltic this August and loved it. We also sailed on Carnival in a transatlantic cruise this May. Although we love any holiday, we decided we weren't going to sail Carnival again. This is because we are not "boys gone wild" type of crowd. we really like NCL. I can't compare Disney but it is definitely going to be more pricy.

Disney! :D

I love NCL & the freedom of dining options & the no need for dressing up, but Disney is so much more special & they have a LOT more to offer families. Disney you really feel special & pampered! My family still talks about our AWESOME waiter from our 7 day DCL cruise last Nov.

Either one you can't go wrong, IMO, but I think DCL is worth the price.

If you are willing to spend what Disney may cost, but not 'need' the themed services, you should consider Princess and Celebrity, too. They have kids programs, too, but if your daughter is interested in the culture/history of Europe, she will find plenty to occupy herself on the few sea days. EM

If you are willing to spend what Disney may cost, but not 'need' the themed services, you should consider Princess and Celebrity, too. They have kids programs, too, but if your daughter is interested in the culture/history of Europe, she will find plenty to occupy herself on the few sea days. EM

thanks - I'll check them out too

I don't think I would want the theme idea on any cruise that long, so, for us, it would be a line different from Disney. Disney does offer great cabins, nice ships and great service, They also charge 1/2 to 100% more than NCL> If I wanted a little more upscale experience and was willing to pay 50% more I would choose a line other than Disney: just my opinion.

Nita

Archived