If you want 100 shares of Carnival stock

DqALEX

I understand what you are saying, but if Carnival goes into the single digits I would be very careful. I once bought many years ago Kmart. I bought in the single digits. Kmart fell to around .25c. What the company did than was to re-issue stock under another symbol, trade with the new symbol. I still own the first symbol KM and its worthless. Today the market went up 500 points and Carnival went up .80c Thats not good

No Spyder ride for you!:D

One time I was waiting to see my broker, reading the board, I noticed huge blocks of PanAm being bought. They were long since bankrupt and GONE! The stock was at pennies but I saw hundreds of thousands of shares being bought. When I saw the broker I said buy PamAm 10,000. Broker said I was nuts. Less than a week later it was near $5.00. Called the broker and said dump PanAm. Now the broker recommends I keep it! HA! It did go up another couple of bucks then dropped to pennies again. Good week for me, no thanks to the broker.:rolleyes:

GM

Previous Close 2.95 52 Week Range 2.75 - 32.19

DIS

Previous Close 21.65 52 Week Range 19.58 - 35.02

RCL

Previous Close 11.33 52 Week Range 9.92 - 43.96

CCL

Previous Close 20.06 52 Week Range 18.10 - 46.20

And Berkshire Hathaway went below $100,000.00 per share.

The only thing to be learned in today's market is that insanity exists. But I think we all knew that.

Dan

No Spyder ride for you!:D

One time I was waiting to see my broker, reading the board, I noticed huge blocks of PanAm being bought. They were long since bankrupt and GONE! The stock was at pennies but I saw hundreds of thousands of shares being bought. When I saw the broker I said buy PamAm 10,000. Broker said I was nuts. Less than a week later it was near $5.00. Called the broker and said dump PanAm. Now the broker recommends I keep it! HA! It did go up another couple of bucks then dropped to pennies again. Good week for me, no thanks to the broker.:rolleyes:

GM

Previous Close 2.95 52 Week Range 2.75 - 32.19

DIS

Previous Close 21.65 52 Week Range 19.58 - 35.02

RCL

Previous Close 11.33 52 Week Range 9.92 - 43.96

CCL

Previous Close 20.06 52 Week Range 18.10 - 46.20

And Berkshire Hathaway went below $100,000.00 per share.

The only thing to be learned in today's market is that insanity exists. But I think we all knew that.

Dan

I really like that car

I have a question. I own 100 shares of CCL so that equals $100 OBC. If I have 200 shares of CCL does that equal $200 OBC?

The answers that you have received are not quite accurate other than to say that there is no multiplying of the OBC based on the number of shares. To receive the shareholder benefit you must have at least 100 shares and the amount of the benefit varies with the CCL brand and length of cruise. To see the details click here. Remember, there are no guarantees that CCL will extend the benefit - it is reviewed yearly.

The answers were clear, concise, and accurate.

Nobody can predict the future, but the OBC has always been renewed annually. Nothing like a little scare tactic to cloud the issue.

The OBC offer is still in affect and will be for at least a few months more. I personally already have $300 in OBCs in the bank for next year.

The answers were clear, concise, and accurate.

Nobody can predict the future, but the OBC has always been renewed annually. Nothing like a little scare tactic to cloud the issue.

The OBC offer is still in affect and will be for at least a few months more. I personally already have $300 in OBCs in the bank for next year.

The OBC's are a nice perk. I got one last August on the Inspiration, I getting one for my Freedom New years cruise, and my January cruise on the Inspiration. My next August cruise on the Pride is still up in the air if Carnival will still do the OBC's for stock but I'm happy I got 3 OBC's so far.

huh? I thought it was under $18 yesterday, wouldnt that make 100 shares like $1800? If it goes back up to $43 or wherever it was in September, that would be a good deal. You cant get the OBC if you use any kind of discount though. We just found this out this week.

huh? I thought it was under $18 yesterday, wouldnt that make 100 shares like $1800? If it goes back up to $43 or wherever it was in September, that would be a good deal. You cant get the OBC if you use any kind of discount though. We just found this out this week.

I paid about 4 bucks in the mid 90s what if it goes back to that? When it was in the high 20s people talked about it being a good deal last month to

What if? What if? What if?

What if they go bankrupt? What if they suspend the SH benefits? What if the sky falls?

:p

Well, I bought my 50 shares at about $28.50 a couple of weeks ago. Unfortunately, I just don't have the cash in my IRA to buy the other 50. I was going to wait until the beginning of the year.

But I just may do something to FIND the cash to go ahead and get the other 50. I wasn't concerned with getting the OBC for Fascination in a couple of weeks, but since I've just booked a 2nd 2009 cruise (and may do a 3rd short, cheapo one so I will be Platinum on Miracle), I may want to go ahead and get the other 50.

OK, I just did it. As soon as I get confirmation, I can send in to get my piddly OBC for Fascination.

I bought CCL at $18.50 yesterday. Thought I was getting a great price because the previous 52-week low was $18.10. And today its trading in the $15s. Oh well, them's the breaks.

I still think it's a good investment, especially if you're like me and plan on holding for 5+ years. When this recession is over, people will want to take vacations again. Carnival Corporation stands poised to make money off all the people who have not yet discovered what a great vacation value cruising is. They also, in my opinion, out-reach and out-diversify all their competitors in the cruise industry.

In fact, I've been loading up on all these bargain basement travel and leisure stocks. (Marriott International for 12.67, anyone?) I'm getting burned in the short term, but my gut tells me these companies will make it through. C'mon, recovery! *crosses fingers*

--Michelle

Edited to say: And the OBC might be nice, too!

Mine's in a Roth IRA and since I'll be working until I drop, I'm in for the long haul. Not that I'm that far away from what "should" be retirement age.

I just booked another cruise on Monday for May! I figure that the prices may never go any lower. Of course, that's what I thought about the stock when I bought the 50 shares at $28.15! :o

I'm doing my part to stimulate the economy! And since I'll have to work forever, I need to take vacations while I can.

So, got the 2nd 50 shares at $15.85 this morning. And here I was upset when it went below $40 and I didn't jump on it then! Every so often, procrastination actually pays off. Well, eventually it will pay off. I hope!

As soon as I can print off my confirmation, I'll scan and email to Carnival.

Now that gas is nearly down to $2/gal here, and my price drop on my Fascination cabin, and $150 OBC (various reasons), it's almost like sailing for free!

Seriously, the per/day cost, factoring the OBCs is about $45 pp/per day, not including tips. You can't get a nasty hotel at the beach for $100/day, let alone a cruise with good food that goes to beautiful tropical islands.

Mine's in a Roth IRA and since I'll be working until I drop, I'm in for the long haul. Not that I'm that far away from what "should" be retirement age.

I just booked another cruise on Monday for May! I figure that the prices may never go any lower. Of course, that's what I thought about the stock when I bought the 50 shares at $28.15! :o

I'm doing my part to stimulate the economy! And since I'll have to work forever, I need to take vacations while I can.

So, got the 2nd 50 shares at $15.85 this morning. And here I was upset when it went below $40 and I didn't jump on it then! Every so often, procrastination actually pays off. Well, eventually it will pay off. I hope!

As soon as I can print off my confirmation, I'll scan and email to Carnival.

Now that gas is nearly down to $2/gal here, and my price drop on my Fascination cabin, and $150 OBC (various reasons), it's almost like sailing for free!

Seriously, the per/day cost, factoring the OBCs is about $45 pp/per day, not including tips. You can't get a nasty hotel at the beach for $100/day, let alone a cruise with good food that goes to beautiful tropical islands.

I agree a cruise is the best vacation value for the $$$$.

DQ aren't you the one that bought RCCL at 21 a share and said it was a steal? I'm just wondering if you are kicking yourself? Are you going to buy more to leverage yourself? Just curious!

That was me THANKS. I also bought Carnival at $41 Shows how smart I am. I don't if I should buy RCL tomorow or wait and see if Carnival goes down to $10.00 Maybe at $6 and change RCL is a steal LOL

That was me THANKS. I also bought Carnival at $41 Shows how smart I am. I don't if I should buy RCL tomorow or wait and see if Carnival goes down to $10.00 Maybe at $6 and change RCL is a steal LOL

Oh my!! hehehe. I just felt bad for ya that's all! I can't see how owning these for the long haul will be bad anyhow!

DQ aren't you the one that bought RCCL at 21 a share and said it was a steal? I'm just wondering if you are kicking yourself? Are you going to buy more to leverage yourself? Just curious!

I picked up 100 RCL yesterday at $8.75 --- thinking I did fairly well... Looks like I'll have to hold onto it for awhile, as it closed today at $6.92.

At least my $875 investment will return $200 for my cruise tomorrow, and $50 more for next month. So, in theory at least, I could sell now and still come out ahead. I think I'll just stay on the ride for this one - along with my $26 something CCL stock.

Tom

Archived