If you want 100 shares of Carnival stock

DqALEX

BTW although CCL has done nicely for us, RCL has absolutely rocked and I only regret that I didn't load up on their stock when we bought at $7.

I was fortunate to buy RCL at $8.75 ---- though took my profits around the first of May at about $15. Wish I had held on, with it now at $23.50!! :rolleyes:

Tom

Do you get VIP treatment when you purchase 100 shares of stock? We are fairly new to this, but was told that is how it works.

Counting down the days!!

No vip treatment. However, CCL offers obc when you have 100 shares. RCL also offers credits but have more restrictions as to what type of fare qualifies for the obc.

Tom, anytime you turn a profit is a good thing. I wish I had taken a smaller loss then what we did on GM.:(

I have never dealt in stocks before so could someone answer this question for me. Is there a minimum amount of stocks that you have to buy at a time, what I mean is, so you have to pay for 100 shares or can you buy 1 share at a time and who do you contact to buy stock.

It doesn't have to be a new booking. We had 2 cruises booked at the time we bought ours. We just went to our financial advisor, told him what we wanted (100 shares of CCL) and he gave us a certificate that proved we owned it. You then just faxed the paper with your booking number on it and the Obc magically shows up. We've never had probelms with it.

Good luck.

WOW you got out at $51? I would buy more in a HEARTBEAT. I bought RCL at $21.31 this week. I felt that was a great buy

I kick myself for not buying RCL when it was like $6.xx :( At that time we were cruising RCL and I figured the price of stock would go up plus the perk of the OBC.. never did buy but now kicking myself HARD :(

hi,

i never bought any shares. How do you go about it. If you buy 100 shares can you use the obc for a cruise you already booked or do you have to wait for a new booking?

Thanks

nina

I have never dealt in stocks before so could someone answer this question for me. Is there a minimum amount of stocks that you have to buy at a time, what I mean is, so you have to pay for 100 shares or can you buy 1 share at a time and who do you contact to buy stock.

If you are financially able and qualify to open an IRA, that might be the easiest way to buy and you will most likely get a tax break on your IRA contribution, plus you don't have to deal with tax issues until you sell/withdraw for retirement.

Yes, you can buy 1 stock at a time, but there are fees for purchasing. There are many online sites that offer a certain number of free trades for opening an account, but it usually requires a minimum deposit.

If you buy 100 shares tomorrow and go on a cruise on Wednesday, that is close enough to fax your info. as long as you have proof of ownership, which can be from a trade confirmation.

For those interested in buying, maybe watch prices through November to see what happens, it may go down. You can just type CCL in google and you can view the history of the stock to look for trends, read news, etc.

Wow -- if only -- I would make sure to have 1,000 or so!!

Also the OBC is $250 for longer sailings (12+ nights?)

Tom

That OBC is also limted to ONE per stateroom. Otherwise, I'd put another 100 shares in my wife's name..............:D

Not sure about the 12+ nights. we've never taken one that long...........

Ok, I think I get the general gist of it.

Here's my question:

Once you receive your OBC do you have to still own at least 100 shares of stock when you embark on your cruise?

I assume that you don't but as I'm seriously considering this, I figured I should check out all the angles.

Here's my question:

Once you receive your OBC do you have to still own at least 100 shares of stock when you embark on your cruise?

I assume that you don't but as I'm seriously considering this, I figured I should check out all the angles.

Probably not, but they retain the right to request current proof of ownership.

Here's my question:

I generally have to submit our brokerage statement after final payment. If we send it before then, we are usually asked for it again after final payment.

Wow, CCL going LONG in pre market this morning. +1.90, and even more.

Should be a good day, even if it is on land.

That's because the BIG ED correction has already occurred...

Now it's (hopefully) back to reality! ;)

Tom

(Referencing Big Ed who posts on John's blog... lately all he does is point out how CCL shares have slipped since the new smoking restrictions were announced for the Dream :rolleyes:)

Tom

I generally have to submit our brokerage statement after final payment. If we send it before then, we are usually asked for it again after final payment.

Hi,

I don't own any stocks. I want to buy 100 shares of CCL. I know I'll have to pay a fee to buy the stock but I I'm looking for a place to buy the stock without having to pay a fee every month. Is there such a thing?

nina

Well Goldman agrees with you... Today they UPGRADED CCL to a SELL. Ya, I said Upgrade... it was a "SELL RIGHT NOW, DONT EVEN THINK ABOUT IT" rating before.

They had a price target of $22. Boy did they get that wrong... I juist don't think the analyst understands the cruise ship business. They are directly comparing it to hotel chains.

I might be wrong, but I don't think there are any huge internet forums discussing staying in different Marriotts.

Goldman link

The Goldman Sachs analyst who rated this stock a SELL should be embarrassed today.

• 2 months later...

Archived