SPirit tips thread

crusingici

IS there a Spirit ship tips thread? I cannot pull up one - but I've found other ships.....

at any rate -- I am curious about using wireless on the ship for my laptop. Is that usually a better deal for email than buying regular packages to use the ship's computer? Or not?

Thanks!

I would also like hearing about any tips, hints, secrets, or anything out of the ordinary about the Spirit since we will be sailing her right after the first of the year. Hopefully the Spirit is easier to get around on than the Victory.

Anyone know if there is a movie theater on the Spirit?

Also - are the spa showers available to anyone who would like to use them? We've done this on other cruise lines.

I know there are a lot of Spirit - lovers out there - it would be great if anyone could post info.

I will be glad to do so on my return trip......:)

Hello Michael Kays:

Their twins on the Pride looked nice. Next summer my neighbors are going in 7300, and we will be right next door in 7298, on the Spirit....

We loved the location on the Pride, so we are booking the same on the Spirit.

They are extended aft balconies, But I am sure you already knew that.

Tom in Long Beach

thanks Tom,

what exactly does extended mean? lenghtwise or widthwise? I know the balcony railings are on an angle, and I also found out the partitions seperating them do not open~

"Balcony Partitions

The balcony partition panel can be opened and secured in place against the balcony rail with the use of hardware.

By doing so, the view is partially blocked. The required hardware is limited on each ship and is on a "first come,

first serve" basis. Due to safety reasons, the following partitions cannot be opened: 7296/7298; 7298/7300;

7300/7302; 7302/7351; 7351/7349; 7349/7347; 7347/7345.

I am looking at booking the Spirit and would be interested in answers to some of these questions as well.

As many times as I've read how much folks love The Spirit - they don't seem to be responding to help us newbies?!

Anyone have info to share on this nice ship?

I'd like to know if she is due for dry dock any time soon???

I am looking at booking the Spirit and would be interested in answers to some of these questions as well.

As many times as I've read how much folks love The Spirit - they don't seem to be responding to help us newbies?!

Ditto that for me. I am cruising in May on the Spirit. Would love to hear other's tips on the ship as well as shore exc. I am flying in a day before and staying in Anchorage a day after.

Granny :cool:

• 5 months later...
thanks Tom,

what exactly does extended mean? lenghtwise or widthwise? I know the balcony railings are on an angle, and I also found out the partitions seperating them do not open~

"Balcony Partitions

The balcony partition panel can be opened and secured in place against the balcony rail with the use of hardware.

By doing so, the view is partially blocked. The required hardware is limited on each ship and is on a "first come,

first serve" basis. Due to safety reasons, the following partitions cannot be opened: 7296/7298; 7298/7300;

7300/7302; 7302/7351; 7351/7349; 7349/7347; 7347/7345.

Update to this note..we were able to get the balconies opened despite thie above Carnival documentation for balconies netween balconies 7349 and 7351

Also the partions are not swung back, they are removed and stowed someplace on the ship..the crew taking ours off said they only have room to stow so many dividers that is the reason not too many are allowed on the Spirit.

We liked this ship so much, despite the buffet area, we are returning next January..this time aft wrap on deck 4 and adjoining aft with interior door access..

could anyone devulge the secret of the infamous secret doors?

She's actually in dry dock right now in SF. We'll be on her next Saturday.

No big screen on the Lido deck.

No movie theater.

It is currently in a two week dry dock getting stem to sterm WiFi and general sprucing up. I'll be on the first cruise post dry dock. Spirit is my favorite ship in the Carnival line. This will be my third cruise on her.

We did the Spirit repositioning cruise Hawaii to Vancouver in 2007 and have been on the Miracle prior to that. Sailing the Pride this Sunday repositioning cruise west coast to east coast thru the Panama Canal. Have 7298 the port aft wrap for this cruise.

Love the Spirit class ships. Very easy to navigate. No secret doors on the Spirit class unless I (and everyone I have sailed with from prior roll calls) haven't found them yet.

Love the ice cream machines and on sea days they have the Sundae Bar in the afternoons. Tea time is nice but don't go in your bathing suit..have to look a little more dressed or they won't let you in. No more lounge chairs on the big balconies....we had Cat 12s and no way would they bring a lounge chair for us....now they only have the 2 chairs and a small table. What a waste of all that great balcony.

Can't wait to get back on board and get one of the Pastrami sandwiches from the Panini grill OMG, great!

Spirit was not stem to stern wireless while I was on board. They had the Hot Spots listed in the Capers.

2115964380032405699S600x600Q85.jpg

No difference in price whether you use your laptop or the ships computers. I always take my laptop.

Spa showers are available for everyone to use. If the very large hot tub in the spa area is still there use that one if you like your hot tubs really hot. Temp is much hotter than the ones on the Lido Deck.(heard they were planning on removing it)

Look for the "secret cabins" with the special balconies...used to be the same price as the 8As but the balconies are huge. (with the new reclassification of cabins this might not be true now.

6232, 6234, 6281 (smaller of the three), 7258, 7260, 7303 (smaller of the three), 8232, 8234, 8239 (smaller of the three).

Hope this helps.

Archived