Anyone been on the Radiance W. Caribbean? How is it

kitty1

We did Radiance/Western in March from Ft. Lauderdale....Key West, Cozumel, Grand Cayman, Costa Maya. Stayed at Hyatt Pier 66 also.

The ship of course is lovely and we chose it because I had done Serenade (Canada) six months before...we even had the same cabin...

On a personal note, I'm glad we did the western route but I don't think I'd do it again. I had only been to Key West before and that was nice. We're "beach people" so we went to a beach in each of the other ports, did a little touring in town, had drinks, met some others from the ship etc..Stopped at Hard Rock in Grand Cayman. Bought a hammock in Costa Maya for $40.00 that sells here for more than double so that was a good choice and I think I would have to say that Costa Maya was my favorite stop because it is still underdeveloped. Another thing that drove me nuts was the constant badgering from merchants to get you to buy their goods. I'm not a big "shopper" but do like earrings from the islands. I ended up not buying any because of the constant "in your face" salepitches... It just seemed that it was overwhelming in these ports...

I think I've become spoiled with traveling to the Virgin Islands (St. John) where soliciting goods is not allowed. St Thomas and St. Croix, yes, but not St. John. The islands on the Eastern/Southern route are far prettier.

Can't say I hated it. Can't say I loved it. We had a great weather, met some fun people and did have a wonderful trip. Just can't get excited about doing this route again....

Archived