Guarantee Cabin assigned in one day

Wow, that sounds like you did awesome if that was just a general balcony guarantee. congrats.

Ill have to check mine. Last time I was assigned within an hour, but I booked 4 days before the cruise left (RCL did good :) ). Havent checked this time yet for april.

Booked a guarantee balcony for Mar--haven't received cabin assignment yet. Will they assign a cabin before you have made your final payment?

Yes, they do sometimes assign cabins before final payment. Other times though people don't find out until they get to the pier.

We are booked on Voyager in Feb 09. We are traveling with family and couldn't resist the savings on the guarantee prices ($499 int - $699 bal)! We booked two of each.

This is to be our great-nephew's college graduation gift from his grandparents (SIL and BIL).

I checked today (thanks to this thread) and VOILA! We had been assigned two D1s on deck 10 and two promenades on deck 7! What a great deal!!!!!!!!!

Booked a guarantee balcony for Mar--haven't received cabin assignment yet. Will they assign a cabin before you have made your final payment?

Not until final payment is made. Make my final and had D-2 assigned 2 days later. We're going to have a great cruise.:D

We are still waiting for our balcony gty assignment for February. We switched over from a OV back in July. Been hoping that the wait is a good sign for an upgrade. :p

Our group booked three guarantees, one balcony and two insides, for our last cruise. The balcony and one inside got assigned in the category booked within two days which was before final payment was made. The other inside guarantee was assigned about a month later (two months before departure) and it was an upgrade to a nice ocean view cabin so you probably have a good chance at getting an category upgrade.

I am cosidering changing my D1 and interior for two guarantee balconies on my 11/22 cruise. it would save alot of $ but we could end up on seperate floors. right noe DH and i have to split because rooms are to far apart to put kids in alone anyway. should i take the chance. they say once i recieve assignment i can move around within my category and possibly get closer. reservations are linked what would the odds be of us getting same category? how fast would we get assignments?:confused:

I am cosidering changing my D1 and interior for two guarantee balconies on my 11/22 cruise. it would save alot of $ but we could end up on seperate floors. right noe DH and i have to split because rooms are to far apart to put kids in alone anyway. should i take the chance. they say once i recieve assignment i can move around within my category and possibly get closer. reservations are linked what would the odds be of us getting same category? how fast would we get assignments?:confused:

RCL must have been working overtime to do all the guarantees yesterday. I got mine for next April, way in advance. No idea when they are going to do this again?

Someone gave up a awesome balcony within the past week and got assigned a D2 balcony on deck 7 on voyager on my roll call. We told her for the huge savings, she did good too. The guarantee now is $799 vs. what she paid for her hand picked balcony. So, she decided to take the chance. Who can say how you will do. I thought a D2 was a pretty good random assignment for a general Balcony guarantee. If I had been diamond thats what I would have done too.

We had two balcony guarantees and two inside guarantees. The balcony assignments are on the same deck, but on opposite ends of the ship. (Still great cabins....D1s!)

The insides are side-by-side promenade cabins on deck 7! WoW!

When I called to ask about getting the balconies closer together, the rep offered me two lesser balcony cabins on deck 6 that were close together. We decided to keep the great cabins we have. At least there was an option, however. I don't know if that's true on every ship for every cruise, but it was for us.....

We had two balcony guarantees and two inside guarantees. The balcony assignments are on the same deck, but on opposite ends of the ship. (Still great cabins....D1s!)

The insides are side-by-side promenade cabins on deck 7! WoW!

When I called to ask about getting the balconies closer together, the rep offered me two lesser balcony cabins on deck 6 that were close together. We decided to keep the great cabins we have. At least there was an option, however. I don't know if that's true on every ship for every cruise, but it was for us.....

RCI has been working to assign all of those promenade cabins. I've heard of a lot of people who booked a cat z gty getting a promenade cabin.

I'm sailing in April, I guess it pays to book early! I sure will be enjoying MY promenade cabin come april.

Just received my assignments for my balcony gty and my mother's balcony gty and they are side by side. BTW, I am a diamond member and it did not help in the category assignment as we received a E2 and I have read many people receiving D1's and D'2....Diamond does not guarantee a better cabin. It worked out well for us and we are happy. Good Luck to You and Happy Cruising...:)

Just got my guarantee balcony assigned for 03/08--got a D1--happy camper.

There is a price drop for 12/14/08 on Voyager, guarantee balcony. If that is what you have on this cruise, its down 50.00 per person. Only thing is, if you have assigned stateroom already, you have to give it up and go back in the assignment pool, to get the discount. I'm keeping my asigned stateroom.:D

got my assignment :( there were 30 D1s, 30 Es, and 3 E3s available, so I thought things looked favorable. Nope got 2 of the 3 E3s, one forward port and one starboard aft. they did let me go back in the pool but said I could end up with same rooms (dont mind the E3s was just hoping to have wiggle room to move closer to eachother) fingers crossed:)

I just got my assignment and it is forward D-1 but it is a connecting cabin which I had rather not have. Called and was told can not change. Anyone ever have a connecting cabin? If so do the ajoining doors keep the sounds out?

We also got a D1 connecting cabin....BIL and SIL had one on our last cruise and noise was not a problem. The only problem they had was that the cabin had only a chair and not a love seat, like most of the other cabins like theirs.

Archived