How warm is Galveston in March?

RI cruiser

Early March can be pretty chilly. Even if it turns out warm, the ocean will still be way to cold to get in. Actually here in Texas it is a crap shoot as to whether or not it starts warming up in March. We have cruised twice in March from Galveston and both times it was cool, once down right chilly.

We live very close to Galveston and sailed on Voyager last March 2nd. It was warm enough for bermuda shorts and t-shirts earlier in the day, but by the time we sailed it was very chilly. We ended up not sailing out of Galveston until around 7 p.m. I took a hooded jacket and was still cold. So, definitely take one warm outfit.

As a lifetime resident of Houston, I can promise you that during the first 2 weeks of March it won't be colder than about 30 at night and it won't be warmer than about 85 in the afternoon. It could be 30s to 50s or it could be 60s to 80s or it could be any combination thereof!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

As a lifetime resident of Houston, I can promise you that during the first 2 weeks of March it won't be colder than about 30 at night and it won't be warmer than about 85 in the afternoon. It could be 30s to 50s or it could be 60s to 80s or it could be any combination thereof!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

AMEN!!!!!!;)

Archived