2yo On Newly Announce Cruises. Would He Enjoy It?

intotheoh

My Son will be 2.5 by the time the 10 night Med cruises roll around. Its something my wife and I have always wanted to do and I know that Disney typically doesn't like to repeat the same special itineraries given the limited amount of ships.

We wanted to take our son on a Disney cruise in the Caribbean, but these 10 night itin. are so amazing.

Do you think your child would have just as much fun or should we stick to WDW/Castaway Cay

Well if I was being honest, I would have to say, no, typically the med isn't a very fun place for toddlers. ;)

In the caribbean, it's alot of beaches, things like swimming with dolphins, pools and waterslides, pirate museums and pirate ships...typical fun kid things.

The med is more port intesive. The excursions are alot longer. You may miss out on some tours because they are so intensive, so it wouldn't be much fun for mom and dad.

But can it be done, yes absolutely. :) People on the fam board do it all the time.

Personally he wouldn't get a thing out of it. IMHO it's a HUGE amount of money to spend at his age. With two new ships coming I'm sure they will repeat these itineraries in the future at some point.

I'm not telling you what to do, but I'd wait until my child was old enough to appreciate the trip and have some recollection of it before I took a trip that special. Also some shore excursioins might have age restrictions, so that's another reason to wait. JMHO.

Thanks guys. Honestly its not the money thats the issue. The rates show that a 3rd guest at his age is only ~$599.

My thinking would be to do a solstice cruise just the two of us in the Med and take our son on a 5 night instead (same amount of money.)

Thanks guys. Honestly its not the money thats the issue. The rates show that a 3rd guest at his age is only ~$599.

My thinking would be to do a solstice cruise just the two of us in the Med and take our son on a 5 night instead (same amount of money.)

Add in the air fare and tips and passport and fuel surcharge and shore excursions, etc. and that $599 has suddenly jumped to $1599...

OK, it seems like you understand what you would need for a med cruise with a 2 year old. So I sy go for it. Here is a thread with others who have done it. So like I said, it is possible.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=856200

You said "money is no issue"...so it's not like this will be a once in a lifetime. So he will have many opportunities to travel again. :)

My Son will be 2.5 by the time the 10 night Med cruises roll around. Its something my wife and I have always wanted to do and I know that Disney typically doesn't like to repeat the same special itineraries given the limited amount of ships.

We wanted to take our son on a Disney cruise in the Caribbean, but these 10 night itin. are so amazing.

Do you think your child would have just as much fun or should we stick to WDW/Castaway Cay

I would post this question on the family board or on the Med. board to see what kind of answers you will get over there. There may be people who have taken their little ones on a Med cruise and can give you a better answer.

Also, DCL did very similiar Med cruises last year. So with the new ships coming out in 2011 and 2012 they could very well go back to Europe soon after that.

Archived