2 Adults, 2 Kids, 1 Cabin or 2?

gill_boo

I would definetly suggest pricing it out fully before you decide! I was faced with the same decision for 1 of my upcoming cruises (myself, my mom and 2 of my kids).

I priced out 4 in a balcony, 2 insides and also 1 Balcony/1 Inside.

The price for 1 Inside and 1 balcony across the hall was within $50 - 100 more than the quad Balcony option on each of the four ships i was pricing! No question to go for 2 cabins in that case!

I wound up deciding on 2 insides for that particular cruise.

We did two OV rooms on the Inspiration with our kids, 10 and 13. It really wasn't that much more expensive at the time. We liked having two bathrooms. We were booked DH and DS in one room and me and my DD in another. The room steward automatically put two beds "together" in one room assuming we would be "switching" and putting the kids in one room together and the parents in the other but........in this day and age i'm not leaving my kids alone anywhere! Call me crazy!

I agree you should price out the cabins before deciding. The space really isn't bad with 4 people in a cabin but having 4 people share a bathroom can be tough. You may decide having two inside cabins is better than one balcony cabin just to have the extra bathroom. What ever you choose, I hope you have a fabulous cruise!!!!

We went on the Liberty in July. We had 4 in an inside cabin. My dh, 15 year old daughter, 18 year old niece and myself. I would NEVER do that again. It was too cramped! We are planning our next cruise July 2010 and we have already decided that dh and I will get a balcony cabin while daughter and 3 other friends will be across the hall in an inside cabin. It really itsn't much more.:D

Archived