sodas in gift shop?

candlecamp

Yes, they sell bottles of soda in one of the shops on board. But there will be cans of soda available for purchase in the fridge in your room, or you can order cans of soda through room service.

... of course the cans of soda run about $2 each with the 15% tip added on. Not sure they add on the tip if you purchase them at a shop.

Iv seen folks bring back a couple of the 2 liter bottles they purchased in ports back on board. You can do this also.

I haven't sailed Freedom of the Seas, but doesn't Royal Caribbean have an exclusive contract with Coca Cola for the Coke family of products? If you're a Pepsi drinker (me, ME! ;)) I'd bring my own aboard.

I was on the voyager of the seas and was able to buy my dad a few 20 ounces of caffeine free diet coke for our room. It was 2.00 where as a can was 2.50 plus tip. There were only 2 left after the 3rd day of our cruise, they never filled the cooler again after that. They did have drinks for sale in the windjammer in a cooler, i dont remember if they were in a bottle or just cans.

I was on the Freedom of the Seas last week and do not remember any cans/bottle for sale in any of the shops... It is worth bringing some onboard yourself, if you are a big drinker of soda (you can fill a holdall with cans/bottles, tag it and have it deliver to your stateroom). Otherwise you have the mini bar in your room, room service or the bars/restaurants onboard.

Boo

I was on the Freedom of the Seas last week and do not remember any cans/bottle for sale in any of the shops... It is worth bringing some onboard yourself, if you are a big drinker of soda (you can fill a holdall with cans/bottles, tag it and have it deliver to your stateroom). Otherwise you have the mini bar in your room, room service or the bars/restaurants onboard.

Boo

A little OT, but this is a British term I've not heard. Is a "holdall" what we call an ice chest or a cooler? We haven't sailed every line, but I've never seen cans of soda for sale in the shops. As far as I know you can buy them at a bar or through room service.

No, a holdall is just an ordinary big bag: something like http://www.carryitoff.com/product.php?id=146 . What do American's call bags like that?

Boo

That looks like we call a duffle bag. ;)

Based on what I've read on here, I think I am going to bring some soda and bottled water with. We're not doing a soda card, so this would be a nice treat.

Archived