Sapper1:: How was the Eurodam luncheon?

COLLEYBERRY

Hey Sapper1, did you enjoy your luncheon aboard the Eurodam ??

What did you think of the ship,or are you hiding out on board somewhere and it will be awhile before you read this ?:D Hope you had fun.

Colley

I couldn't hide out on board. I think they got wind of my plans because they took everyone's passport from them and didn't give them back until we left the ship.:D

We loved the Eurodam and had a very elegant luncheon in the Rotterdam Dining Room.

We were given the tour by HAL's future cruise consultant and she managed to get us through all the public areas in the time allotted.

I think the Silk Den will be a favourite spot for us although its small size relative to its popularity may make it hard to get into. Did you find that?

I was surprised to find that the much discussed Lido cabanas really looked quite nice. However, I agree that they restrict movement in the area. Someone had arranged a collection of towel animals inside one of them and the little critters seemed to be enjoying their cabana.:D

There were about a hundred people altogether with groups from about four different travel agencies. We found that we knew about a dozen of the guests which wasn't surprising as Saint John is one of those areas where everyone knows everyone else.

Leaving was difficult and in a quiet moment of last minute desperation I contemplated the value of my passport vis a vis hiding out on board and common sense won out-----this time.;)

Thank you for thinking of us and I hope to meet you on a cruise sometime.

So sorry about the triple posts How the heck does that happen??

My apologizes for taking up so much space.:o

Don't worry about it -- it has been happening to a lot of us lately. The other day I had a strange one -- my post repeated itself a couple of times within the same post -- not separate posts -- same post.

And I got jumped on for repeating myself.

I couldn't hide out on board. I think they got wind of my plans because they took everyone's passport from them and didn't give them back until we left the ship.:D

We loved the Eurodam and had a very elegant luncheon in the Rotterdam Dining Room.

We were given the tour by HAL's future cruise consultant and she managed to get us through all the public areas in the time allotted.

I think the Silk Den will be a favourite spot for us although its small size relative to its popularity may make it hard to get into. Did you find that?

I was surprised to find that the much discussed Lido cabanas really looked quite nice. However, I agree that they restrict movement in the area. Someone had arranged a collection of towel animals inside one of them and the little critters seemed to be enjoying their cabana.:D

There were about a hundred people altogether with groups from about four different travel agencies. We found that we knew about a dozen of the guests which wasn't surprising as Saint John is one of those areas where everyone knows everyone else.

Leaving was difficult and in a quiet moment of last minute desperation I contemplated the value of my passport vis a vis hiding out on board and common sense won out-----this time.;)

Glad you had a wonderful lunch and enjoyed your quick view of the ship.

'Sapper1' -- I was watching the CBC news yesterday evening, when they showed the Eurodam, docked in Saint John; and knowing you were invited to view her, I was very envious ;) !

I'm so happy you enjoyed your tour. :)

'Sapper1' -- I was watching the CBC news yesterday evening' date=' when they showed the Eurodam, docked in Saint John; and knowing you were invited to view her, I was very envious ;) !

I'm so happy you enjoyed your tour. :)[/quote']

I am so sorry I missed that--didn't catch the CBC last night--we were off to the Sea Dogs game. I suppose, with you being from Grand Falls, that the Rimouski team is the closest to you within that league n'est pas??

'Sapper' --- Yes, most fans up here are still cheering for 'Sidney's alma mater', but I think the Sea Dogs are the team to beat this year!! :)

'Sail' --- How about those Bosox !! I'm not as confident as last year (I hate seeing Lowell hurt -- he's a tremendous role player); but I believe we can repeat !! :cool:

I am so glad you enjoyed the Eurodam.

The Silk Lounge quickly became one of our favorite spots on the Eurodam. We always found it to be very quiet. Unless we were out of rythm with everyone else,but I don't think so . The times we were there were varied, ie drinks before dinner,afternoon reading,pre dim sum lunch,all quiet. I loved the decor and view.

In fact the Silk Lounge and Tamarind, both really enhanced our cruise experience.... oh my,can you get homesick for a cruise ship or do I need therapy?:)

I hope our paths do cross one day ,that would be very nice.

Archived