Happy Thanksgiving Canadian CCers

COLLEYBERRY

For those of us on the Island who cooked the big dinner last night, it was a challenge. The power went out for over an hour at 1730hr. on the whole South Island. ACK:eek: I served grapes/almonds/cheese and crackers until the power came back on and I was able to finish cooking the ham and veggies.

Hope everyone has had a safe and happy holiday weekend!!

The house smells good, the candles are burning low, everyone's ready for an after-dinner nap and I didn't have any competition for the gizzard. :p When I was a child, my Godfather and I would toss a coin to see who got it - there was no sharing. And no, I didn't always win. Thanksgiving dinner guests have come and gone, now we're reduced to leftovers for the next few days and in a couple of weeks I'll thaw the carcass and make a big pot of soup. Thank you once again to all the people here on the CC boards - you've provided lots of valuable information and there's always something to talk about when you're among friends. As we went around the dinner table, everyone was thankful for different things, but the common threads were family, friends, good health and the good fortune to be able to take several cruises over the years to experience different parts of the world.

Akheila: Sorry about the snow - we didn't get any here in Saskatoon. I don't know where you live, but I hope it melts soon.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

Archived