Happy Thanksgiving Canadian CCers

COLLEYBERRY

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone !

I hope you all have a terrific holiday weekend.The weather is supposed to be glorious here in Ontario.

The leaves are certainly doing their part to make it fun(spectacular)

Tom Turkey is thawing,there's some baking yet to do,but I should be ready for our festivities on Sunday( lots of leftovers for the holiday Monday,in my opinion, the best part:) )

Best wishes to you and yours !

Colleen

Happy Thanksgiving to the folks in Canada. :)

I love turkey---can I come up? After all, I'm just down the road a couple of states.

I'll bring a pie. :D

Absolutely! :D We're individual baked bries wrapped in phyllo with candied walnuts and drizzled honey, roast turkey, mashed potatoes with carmelized shallots, orange ginger glazed carrots, bacon, fennel and apple stuffing, homemade cranberry sauce, gravy of course, and spiced cranberry bundt cake. My husband is pretty sure there will be enough to feed all of Canada and the US:rolleyes:

marle7,

Your menu sounds wonderful, better than what I had planned. You say you've enough to feed Ontario?! How far are you from Burlington, On?:D lol.

Have a wonderful thanksgiving weekend. If this beautiful weather holds out, we may enjoy our pumkin and apple pies outside by the fireplace.

Of course after this great weekend comes the several weeks of raking, gutter cleaning.....:rolleyes:

Happy Thanksigiving to all our Canadian CC'ers. Hope you all have a wonderful Holiday.

Marle..... You menu sounds so delicious. I especially love the sound of your

Spiced Cranberry Bundt Cake. Oooh, I love something like that.

Feel like sharing your recipe? :)

marle7,

Your menu sounds wonderful, better than what I had planned. You say you've enough to feed Ontario?! How far are you from Burlington, On?:D lol.

Have a wonderful thanksgiving weekend. If this beautiful weather holds out, we may enjoy our pumkin and apple pies outside by the fireplace.

Of course after this great weekend comes the several weeks of raking, gutter cleaning.....:rolleyes:

right now, I'm in Oakville, :D but we'll be leaving for the cottage shortly.

Happy Thanksigiving to all our Canadian CC'ers. Hope you all have a wonderful Holiday.

Marle..... You menu sounds so delicious. I especially love the sound of your

Spiced Cranberry Bundt Cake. Oooh, I love something like that.

Feel like sharing your recipe? :)

It's not really my recipe, so I probably can't post it online due to copyright stuff, but I'll email it to you shortly.:)

Thank you, Marle. That is very kind of you and I appreciate it.

Presumably after I get it, I can then post it here as I would have no knowledge of it's origin. ;) It truly would be 'origin unknown' to me.

Thank you, Marle. That is very kind of you and I appreciate it.

Presumably after I get it, I can then post it here as I would have no knowledge of it's origin. ;) It truly would be 'origin unknown' to me.

You have mail.:)

You could I suppose post it here, although the recipe is in the current issue of a popular food mag right now, and the author is someone I know, but go ahead!

Actually, copyright laws of recipes say they can be posted as long as the method is changed to be in your own words. In other words, ingredient lists cannot be copyrighted, but the method can. So once, you change the method, copyright no longer applies. (I just didn't have time to re-write it to post here).:D I run a food discussion board, so I try to be respectful of cookbook author's copyright's.:o

Oh and a word about almond flour. You should be able to find it in most organic type stores, or it can be easily ordered from King Arthur Flour or Bob's Red Mill.

Absolutely! :D We're individual baked bries wrapped in phyllo with candied walnuts and drizzled honey, roast turkey, mashed potatoes with carmelized shallots, orange ginger glazed carrots, bacon, fennel and apple stuffing, homemade cranberry sauce, gravy of course, and spiced cranberry bundt cake. My husband is pretty sure there will be enough to feed all of Canada and the US:rolleyes:

Truly ,a Thanksgiving dinner to be grateful for !:)

Your baked brie sounds wonderful,in fact it all sounds delicious!!

I also do homemade cranberry sauce with orange zest and Grand Marnier liqueur. But I could throw it all in the freezer if you'll just tell us where the cottage is:D :D Have a great weekend.

Truly ,a Thanksgiving dinner to be grateful for !:)

Your baked brie sounds wonderful,in fact it all sounds delicious!!

I also do homemade cranberry sauce with orange zest and Grand Marnier liqueur. But I could throw it all in the freezer if you'll just tell us where the cottage is:D :D Have a great weekend.

That sounds pretty much like my cranberry sauce! I add a little pumpkin pie spice to it as well.

I'd tell you where the cottage is, but nah. You'd never make up the 400 :D

Marle............ Thank you so much. I just found it in my mailbox and really appreciate you going to the trouble to type the whole thing out. It sounds very delicious and we will be trying it.... We love cranberries.

You sound like a GREAT cook.

Again, Have a lovely Thanksgiving and enjoy the delicious meal you are preparing.

Happy Thanksgiving to the folks in Canada. :)

I love turkey---can I come up? After all, I'm just down the road a couple of states.

I'll bring a pie. :D

yes you can visit....but only cause you bring dessert! lol:D

my dd and I are making pies tonight and I'll make a pumpkin cheesecake before she gets home and then she can help me with the maple walnut topping for it...and with the ginger crust it'll be a gluten free thing for hubby.

Glad you in ONtario are enjoying nice weather....they are calling for freezing rain and snow :eek: here...enough that we were told to dig out the shovels.....

Marle............ Thank you so much. I just found it in my mailbox and really appreciate you going to the trouble to type the whole thing out. It sounds very delicious and we will be trying it.... We love cranberries.

You sound like a GREAT cook.

Again, Have a lovely Thanksgiving and enjoy the delicious meal you are preparing.

My pleasure! Who knew I'd find it online?:D I do like to cook. :)

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone !

I hope you all have a terrific holiday weekend.The weather is supposed to be glorious here in Ontario.

The leaves are certainly doing their part to make it fun(spectacular)

Tom Turkey is thawing,there's some baking yet to do,but I should be ready for our festivities on Sunday( lots of leftovers for the holiday Monday,in my opinion, the best part:) )

Best wishes to you and yours !

Colleen

Happy Thanksgiving to all our fellow Canadians from the Sunny Okanagan...Our Thanksgiving sounds just like yours, turkey is thawing, went grocery shopping today got the rest of the goodies and like you Monday is the best part leftovers.

Lefto overs are the best!

We're having Turkey...Ham..Mash potats...Dressing...all the fixins..finishing off with Pumpkin Tarts and Apple Pie! YUmmmmmmmmmmm

I'm glad our Thanksgiving isn't right before Christmas...I need time to digest!

Thanks, everyone, for the wonderful wishes! I have travelled to spend time with my family in central Alberta and am looking forward to assisting my SIL (wonderful cook!) prepare the feast for the family. My Mother, recently post-surgery, moved into a respite centre yesterday and we're hoping to bring her home for an hour or two to enjoy the meal too:D

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you in Canada. I love the sound of those menus. I also love Thanksgiving.

Ruth must be planning on bringing chocolate something. My middle daughter and I made a chocolate pudding pie when she was in grade school. It was really yummy!

Archived