Happy Thanksgiving Canadian CCers

COLLEYBERRY

Lucky me... Our two daughters, and their DH's who both like to cook, are hosting dinner for us all. I offered, but was told they had it all under control, and this year we should just be guests....so I shall sit in the living room and drink my wine happily!! So nice to reap the rewards of parenthood....indeed something to be very thankful for....loving and capable children. Hope you all have a great holiday, and to friends in the US, your time is coming!!!! Happy fall to us all.

quote=Akheila;16590364]yes you can visit....but only cause you bring dessert! lol:D

my dd and I are making pies tonight and I'll make a pumpkin cheesecake before she gets home and then she can help me with the maple walnut topping for it...and with the ginger crust it'll be a gluten free thing for hubby.

Glad you in ONtario are enjoying nice weather....they are calling for freezing rain and snow :eek: here...enough that we were told to dig out the shovels.....

I love pumpkin cheesecake !!! Yummy !!!

So sorry about the weather , NOT FATR, way too early. But you still

have cheesecake.:D

Who's meeting Ruth C at the border ?? Customs better not give her any grief about bringing pies across ..:D :D

Happy Thanksgiving from here in Vancouver Canada. The weather is fabulous -crisp, cooland VERY SUNNY!!!!!! We all have a lot to be thankful for in this land of plenty so I hope everyone has a great long weekend and if you are going to be on a cruise, I hope they have Turkey on the menu. To all those in the US Our border is always open and we would welcome you with open arms up here.:) ;) :D

We are having great weather here in Victoria. No windstorms...yet, so Mr Turkey can not blow away in the breeze and escape all the roasting pots eagerly awaiting his company:D

I am cooking for the family this year, minus my DH who is still away on the tail end of a 6.5 month deployment:( Going non-traditional with ham and scalloped potatoes, as I have a fussy eater coming to the table, and I want him to enjoy his rare dinner out.

Hope everyone has a safe and happy holiday weekend!!

Connie

~~~Happy Thanksgiving~~~

To all our fellow Canadian cruisers, best wishes for a great Thanksgiving weekend. I hope your time can be spent with good food, good friends and good memories.

To our friends in the "south", thank you for your good wishes - we are thankful for your friendship and look forward to meeting many more of you onboard a cruise ship someday.

I'm cooking the turkey this weekend (as I usually do - a task I really do enjoy), and am doing a baked brie as well, but I use a sweet cranberry/orange relish to cover it before it goes into the oven. And Ruth, if you hapen to make a chocolate pie, it will be more than welcome at our table! We are only 10 minutes from the airport, just let me know what flight you're on!

Happy Turkey, everyone!

TurkeyCartoon.jpg

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

Great shot, Copper! What's the location? I know it's not the training depot in Regina, and it doesn't look like Ottawa.

Colleyberry: Next day turkey sandwich: white bread (or bun), Miracle Whip, slice of turkey, cranberry sauce, salt & pepper. DH likes to add some stuffing into his sandwich as well(to me that's eating a bread sandwich!). Washed down with your beverage of choice.;)

Okay, here's a question for you - does anybody eat the gizzard?????

Thanks for the picture Copper - our grandson is a mountie.

Just the two of us this year but the turkey is thawing and trimmings are

in the fridge.

Thanks for the good wishes from South of the Border.

We are having wonderful weather here on the Island and have much to be thankful for.

Blessings to all!

Great shot, Copper! What's the location? I know it's not the training depot in Regina, and it doesn't look like Ottawa.

Colleyberry: Next day turkey sandwich: white bread (or bun), Miracle Whip, slice of turkey, cranberry sauce, salt & pepper. DH likes to add some stuffing into his sandwich as well(to me that's eating a bread sandwich!). Washed down with your beverage of choice.;)

Okay, here's a question for you - does anybody eat the gizzard?????

La belle ville de Montreal, Quebec, Madame - I really want to visit the training depot in Regina one day

No I don't eat the gixxard or the neck...but I do put them in a pot with some onion and celery and boil them to use to further flavour the gravy.

Sandwiches the next day MUST have the homemade cranberry sauce on them...any other fixings are optional.

Our stuffing is made with boiled potatoes and bread...moist.

must go now as tummy is growling! ;) and smells of baking aren't helping

A very Happy Thanksgiving to all my fellow Canadians! I'm cooking this year, so it'll be turkey, mashed taters, sweet potato casserole, lots of veggies, homemade cranberry sauce, jellied salad and pumpkin and french apple pie for dessert.

Many thanks to all our friends south of the border for the holiday wishes! Your Thanksgiving celebration will be here before you know it!

Have a great weekend everyone!

My DBIL is a retired officer, he rode in the "Musical Ride" in his youth. We shared our dinner last evening; and today will be watching our Jr. A Wolves romp all over Brampton. Leftover turkey has become a hearty tomato bean soup. Indeed we have a great deal to be thankful for!! Best wishes for a healthy Fall and Winter season.

Archived