Battle of the Ship Horns

mrsfuzzmo

Have any of you experienced this? Out of our 13 or so cruises I've only experienced it twice. Once was on the SSNorway (NCL) in St. Thomas, and the last time was two years ago in Miami when we were setting sail (on the RCI Navigator of the Seas).

In St. Thomas, when we set sail, before the rest of the ships, each ship would blow their horn one right after another until we were way out at sea and we could still hear them blowing at each other! It was so much fun.

While leaving Miami two years ago, we were in port behind what I remember to be a Carnival ship. Our horn would blow a pattern, then the ship in front would copy it, and that went on for about 10 minutes. Everyone was cheering and it was so loud!! Both ships passengers really were getting a kick out of it.

Has anyone experinced this lately, or on a Carnival ship in a certain port? I'm hoping it will happen this trip. It's really something to experience!!

When we were in Cozumel on the Inspiration and the Imagination was there with us, I got the bright idea to go to the front of the ship and the deck where the horn was. ( Was people watching...people from the Imagination were running furriously thinking their ship was leaving when all the while it was our ship leaving.) The two ships blasted the horns back and forth...it was great....UNLESS you were standing by the horn....OMG...LOUD does not describe it! Not to mention it scared the crap out of us!:eek: :D :eek:

I have never experienced this on a cruise ship, but I've only cruised twice so far. A fire boat did give us a send off while the Fantasy was sailing out of port. It shot streams of water out as we were heading out toward the Gulf and was really cool to see.

Hopefully we get to experience the "Battle of the Ship Horns" once as we plan to cruise more often once I retire.

Have any of you experienced this? Out of our 13 or so cruises I've only experienced it twice. Once was on the SSNorway (NCL) in St. Thomas, and the last time was two years ago in Miami when we were setting sail (on the RCI Navigator of the Seas).

In St. Thomas, when we set sail, before the rest of the ships, each ship would blow their horn one right after another until we were way out at sea and we could still hear them blowing at each other! It was so much fun.

While leaving Miami two years ago, we were in port behind what I remember to be a Carnival ship. Our horn would blow a pattern, then the ship in front would copy it, and that went on for about 10 minutes. Everyone was cheering and it was so loud!! Both ships passengers really were getting a kick out of it.

Has anyone experinced this lately, or on a Carnival ship in a certain port? I'm hoping it will happen this trip. It's really something to experience!!

I have never experienced this!!!! But I would like to so much. I am assuming this doesn't happen often????

Archived