Holland Hawaii Excursions

GoldieJ

We are cruising to Hawaii next month.

Should we book our excursions now? Or will there be plenty of time when onboard?

We are thinking about booking the Honolulu excursions with Holland and then trying to book or look around the other islands (Maui,Hawaii on our own.

Is this a good idea? How has it been by others?

Thanks for any advice!

Goldie we book our ship tours 120 days pre-cruise. Some of the popular ones get sold out early, while others get canceled if there aren't enough people signed up.

However, I haven't heard of that on our cruises. :)

I'm just a bit OCD :rolleyes: :D :D

Pat

Hello Goldie,

I was in Hawaii with NCL in Feb 2008. I find that Hawaii was a little harder then the carribean to find companies on the dock. My suggestions, use the boards before you go and plan now. I find the best advice is right here. I just wished I would have known about cc before Hawaii. Also, there is a great company that is on all the islands ( sorry can't tell you the name) but if you google hawaii tours, this company will have the option of giving you your ship itinary and will match almost all the ship tours at a great discount. Good Luck

Thanks, Sassy! I think I'll book our two Honolulu tours right away.When you took your Hawaiian cruise were there Independent tour companies at the docks?Thanks!Goldie

P.S. I enjoy reading your posts.

:) Thank you :)

I wasn't really looking, but if they were there, I didn't notice them.

When you get off the ship, you have to go thru this big terminal which opens up to the street near Aloha Tower.

It is pretty busy, with alot to look at. I'm clueless anyway. :rolleyes:

Pat

• Administrators
Hello Goldie,

I was in Hawaii with NCL in Feb 2008. I find that Hawaii was a little harder then the carribean to find companies on the dock. My suggestions, use the boards before you go and plan now. I find the best advice is right here. I just wished I would have known about cc before Hawaii. Also, there is a great company that is on all the islands ( sorry can't tell you the name) but if you google hawaii tours, this company will have the option of giving you your ship itinary and will match almost all the ship tours at a great discount. Good Luck

Try http://www.gorabbitgo.com. It's the cruiseship version of Robert's Hawaii, a venerable tour company in Hawaii since the late 40's, if memory serves. My grandparents and parents both used them, and we enjoyed the tour we took with them from our ship in '07.

• 3 weeks later...

If you are going to take a HAL cruise tour book on the internet now. You can cancel without penality up to about a week or two before you sail. Read the instructions for booking and the refund policy is very clear. I have used the refund polciy.

I would not chance waiting until I got to the dock to book something I really wanted to do. Remember if a couple of ships are in at the same time tours can be scarce.

I have been on many cruises where a trip is sold out.

Archived