Indendence arrival into Ft.Lauderdale

I am sailing on the Independence of the Seas Transatlantic cruise in november and i wondered if there was anything special planned for the arrival into Ft.Lauderdale on the 19th November? P.S (sorry for the spelling mistake on title)

Hi, Welcome, Come over and join the thread for the TA cruise, they are a great bunch, have you signed up for the Meet & Mingle get together yet??,

also see that you are from Lincolnshire:) ;)

John & Margaret

I am sailing on the Independence of the Seas Transatlantic cruise in november and i wondered if there was anything special planned for the arrival into Ft.Lauderdale on the 19th November? P.S (sorry for the spelling mistake on title)

What time is the arrival time scheduled? As truffles2 said... if at dark... ignore the following... When a new ship comes to their new home port for the first time normally the other ships will blow their horns and the fire boats will shoot water... not too big a deal... but it is fun and pretty. I would bet they will do that in Ft Lauderdale if the ship arrives in daylight. Don't know if the Port or City have anything planned.... would not be surprised if they did since this will be the "largest cruise ship" ever for that Port.... until the Oasis:D

There are 4 of us that will be getting on as you get off. :D :D

We were on the Brilliance TA in April and say her as we disembarked in Southhampton waiting to take her first cruise. We were in awe of her size. Now we are taking her first cruise (albet short) out of Fort Lauderdale.

I also have clients who will be disembarking from the TA at the same time we are embarking.

What time is the arrival time scheduled? As truffles2 said... if at dark... ignore the following... When a new ship comes to their new home port for the first time normally the other ships will blow their horns and the fire boats will shoot water... not too big a deal... but it is fun and pretty. I would bet they will do that in Ft Lauderdale if the ship arrives in daylight. Don't know if the Port or City have anything planned.... would not be surprised if they did since this will be the "largest cruise ship" ever for that Port.... until the Oasis:D

It is due to arrive at 6am!!!

To all of you that are experienced in TA cruises, I'm doing the Independance next year coming from Southampton to FLL. I'm in a quandry though as to whether I should be port or starboard for the most afternoon and evening sun. It would appear to me that going in a southwestern direction I should be starboard, but other posts on this site says port side.

Anyone have any experience on this and be so kind as to give me some advise?

also see that you are from Lincolnshire

John and Margaret, where abouts in Lincolnshire are you from?

i am from Bourne, which near between stamford and Peterborough area,

Looking forward to this Transatlantic cruise soooooo much.:)

We are a little further north in Anwick, a little village 4 miles from Sleaford on the "Skeggy":) ;) road.

We think TA's are the "BEST" especially the Westbound ones!!

John & Margaret

To all of you that are experienced in TA cruises, I'm doing the Independance next year coming from Southampton to FLL. I'm in a quandry though as to whether I should be port or starboard for the most afternoon and evening sun. It would appear to me that going in a southwestern direction I should be starboard, but other posts on this site says port side.

Anyone have any experience on this and be so kind as to give me some advise?

After completing 15 Transatlantic Cruises I can Definately say PORT SIDE for the Westbound cruise. Although we usually have an aft cabin, when they are not available we go for the PORT side. As you will not be leaving until Late November the sun sets earlier so if you are on the Starboard side you may very well see a lovely sunset if you are not on Main Seating dining but as long as there is sunshine to be had you will get MORE hours of it on the PORT side, normally get it until early afternoon, then it is at the bow and Starboard late afternoon . Hope this helps:)

We'll be on the Nov 29th sailing of Independence from Fort Lauderdale. This is just my guess, but it seems as if the Port Everglades authority would do something to mark the arrival of the Independence because it is the biggest cruise ship ever to dock there and most especially to make FL its home port.

Because it is coming in very early in the morning, perhaps, as has been said above, the ceremony will be at its first regular sailing from Fort Lauderdale.

I can't wait until our sailing on the 29th.

Archived