WDW before summer cruise june 2009

mommyx2

we are wanting to do WDW then a cruise out of florida in JUne 2009. We live in Ca and school gets out june 12th, want to leave that next day.

Are florida schools out then? how will WDW be, crowded? we have been to Disneyland so many times but never WDW just want to make sure we are not waiting in hours of lines to get on rides>

Any other comments on when schools get out, around the country??

thanks

tami

Florida schools will be out by then . . . if I am not mistaken they will be out on approximately May 28th.

This will be a very busy time, not to say you still can't have fun. Our family would NOT have fun, because we do not possess fantastic coping skills in crowds. :D

Enjoy whatever details you decide on!

we are wanting to do WDW then a cruise out of florida in JUne 2009. We live in Ca and school gets out june 12th, want to leave that next day.

Are florida schools out then? how will WDW be, crowded? we have been to Disneyland so many times but never WDW just want to make sure we are not waiting in hours of lines to get on rides>

Any other comments on when schools get out, around the country??

thanks

tami

Yes, schools are out here, and yes, it will be crowded. You can still have fun, though. My strong suggestion is to stay on property, at one of the WDW resorts. Even the cheapest ones are fun. I grew up in CA and went to DL all the time, but WDW is a different experience entirely. If you stay on property you can go in the a.m., come back to the resort and take a rest/swim etc., and then hop on the bus and go back for the evening when it is less crowded. The bus system there is amazing and it's easy to get around... we just park our car and never get back in it until we leave WDW.

I had friends who went in june one year and they said they went to get a fast pass at like 9:00 am and it was not good until like 5 pm. We love Disney, but I stand by even if I won a free trip I would not go in the summer. If you can tolerate long lines in the heat and humidity you will be okay; if not, you might want to re think your plans.

You can definitely do it, but it will take planning that will include getting up early, getting to the parks when they open, and leaving around noon (by that time it's very hot and the parks are very crowded). Afternoons will be spent at your hotel pool and you can venture back into the parks around dinner.

If you are seriously considering doing this, go over to the disboards.com website and you'll pick up all sorts of tips/tricks on how to deal with the hot, humid weather and the crowds. If you definitely decide to go forward with this plan, consider buying an online subscription to tourguidemike.com. You'll need a good plan on when to visit the parks on certain days (some days are better than others) and these websites will help you.

Would I do it? Definitely (that's when we go). Would I do it without a solid park touring plan? Only if I wanted to be miserable.

We were in Florida in June once. We visited my Grandmother post cruise the 2nd week in June. It was HOT. It was HUMID. I didn't want to leave the air conditioning of her home. It felt like a brick wall when we went outside and we couldn't breathe. I couldn't even imagine going to WDW and standing in lines in that heat - I'd pass out. We decided after that trip not to do Florida in the summer again. The cruise was great though.

Orange County Schools and surrounding counties are out by June 3. We are now staring school two weeks later than what we used to. Yes, it is a very high attendance time. It is quite warm, I don't want to say our hottest months because those are actually July and August, but a lot of people find it extremely uncomfortable, it is mostly the humidity.

I have been to Disney in June a number of times. We have always gone towards the end of June and have noticed an increase in crowds from the 3rd to the last week in June, so you will be a little better off in mid June. If you get to the parks when they open (or a little before), take midday breaks when crowds get crazy and try to stay on property I think you will have a great time.

I belong to website called tourguidemike, you have to pay to join but it is about the cost of a travel book and well worth the investment. He has strategies for beating the crowds and minimizing waiting in lines. We've used his tips on three Disney trips and I'm a believer! We go over spring break every year when it is not so hot but just as crowded as June and we manage to get tons done with very little waiting in line. The thing with this website is that it is information overload, now is a good time to join for a June trip so you can read all the information there and base your plans on that information. I already have my park days selected and my dining reservations made for our trip in March.

My other favorite resource is the Unofficial Guide to Disney World. The 2009 book just came out. They have recommended tours, I think the TGM plans are better but the UG plans are pretty good. I'm a big fan of having a plan! Disney is HUGE and there is so much to do, it would be like going to New York City for a week and not having any idea what you want to see or do until you got there. I can't believe how many people show up at WDW totally unprepared.

I would go in June, is definately isn't the worst time to go. Hot perhaps, but not as hot as say August, and no threat of hurricanes in June either. If my last day of school was the 12th, I'd try to catch a plane the same day and plan to be at the parks the very next day. Plan to get to the parks when they open, then take a break in the middle of the day when it is the hottest.

Florida schools will be out and the parks are a babysitter for Orlando area children with year passes. As a Florida resident I will not go to the parks in the summer as it is too hot. In my opinion the Magic Kingdom is the hotest with their close buildings and asphalt roads. If it is a rainy day you may be lucky as many people leave the parks. If I could go at another time of the year, I would highly suggest it. At least stay on site (Fort Wilderness is the cheapest if you don't mind camping) so you can enjoy the special Magic hours when it is cool and not as crowded. Also if you stay on site you can go back to the resport midday and go in the pool or take a nap.

Archived