sky suite on century is it worth it.

rakrak

my wife and I are planning a cruise on century the norwegian coast trip. we are thinking about the sky suite. are than any perks in this class and what would be the best location to select on the century in the sky suite sites.

I have to say that IMO you'd be better of with a CC if there's a significant difference in price. The rooms are only a tad bigger and the amenities about the same. The real difference is the big balcony, if that's a plus to you.

I think the Sky Suites on the M class ship are considerably nicer than on the Century class--from what I can tell. I was in 1233 on Century and the location was great--but in retrospect I just don't think it was worth the price for what we got.

I'm sure there are others who will disagree--this is just my opinion.

Cathy

my wife and I are planning a cruise on century the norwegian coast trip. we are thinking about the sky suite. are than any perks in this class and what would be the best location to select on the century in the sky suite sites.

Hi rakrak :)

Yes, especially if you can get one on the sky deck (deck 12).

The standard balcony cabins, as well as concierge class cabins, on C class ships are only 170 Sf, have tiny bathrooms, and small balconies.

Their sky suites are approximately 250 Sf, have normal sized bathrooms with a tub, and much larger balconies. The sky suites on the sky deck have huge balconies which are partially covered and partially exposed to the sun.

I thought the Sky Suites on Century were great. Nice room, large balcony, good location. I stayed on deck 12 in 1208 which has a partly covered and partly open balcony. There are some pictures of that cabin in the picture link in my signature. The SS balconies on deck 10 are now twice the size. Despite being shown on the Celebrity website as 69 sq ft they are double that and have the advantage/disadvantage whatever your opinion of being fully covered. I don't think I'd hesitate booking any of the Sky Suites, but more mid-ship means less motion.

Have a look at the Celebrity website for details of the amenities (butler, in cabin dining etc).

Phil

Deck 12 is the best place to be. It's real quiet. The sky suites have ~150 sq ft balcony with table and chairs as well as loungers. With the butler it's a great place to have breakfast or dinner.

In the colder climates it is going to be up to the individual if the extra balcony space is worth the cost. On Century all the deck 12 balconys are pretty much the same size. On Mercury/Galaxy most of them have cut outs which limit the size but some people enjoy the better forward/aft views at the expense of privacy.

Deck 12 is the best place to be. It's real quiet. The sky suites have ~150 sq ft balcony with table and chairs as well as loungers. With the butler it's a great place to have breakfast or dinner.

In the colder climates it is going to be up to the individual if the extra balcony space is worth the cost. On Century all the deck 12 balconys are pretty much the same size. On Mercury/Galaxy most of them have cut outs which limit the size but some people enjoy the better forward/aft views at the expense of privacy.

I believe there are cc rooms on deck 12, I know there is on Galaxy.

We had one and loved it, we still got a lot of the perks the suite passengers got. I will never forget our Stewart/butler? Sherwin running from the end of the hall when we stuck our head out because of a noise or something and asking "Do you need anything Ms. Shirley.

thanks for the info we do like quiet we have read on this site that some of century rooms have paper thin walls. this was a concern. has anyone taken this cruise in july. did you like it. again thanks for the replies

We took the trip this July were in Sky Suite 1206 and it was the most spectacular cruise ever - we loved the balcony. You want to be on the even number side so when you are sailing pass the North Cape in the morning you can view it from your balcony as if it is the same timings as us it is at 0600. Those on the other side had to get dressed to go on deck

A

Archived