Infant at Muster Drill

rolloman

Do they make you put a life vest on your infant child? I assume you can not bring your infant child in a stroller or a baby bjorn? Anyone out there who can give me a general idea of how it goes down when you have an infant?

You'll have to be wearing your vest (yes they do make sure you are). So if you know they are going to sound off the horns at 4pm, then start heading to your muster station a few minutes before the horns sound. Then it won't be so crowded in the stairwell.

Carry the infant up with the life vest. They *may* request that you do put it on.

You may not have an infant sized vest in your cabin by the time of the muster drill...sometimes the cabin attendants don't have time to put them in the closet.

Thanks, hopefully our drill will be in an inside area versus the promenade deck. I consider the muster drill to be the worst part of cruising (even though its not that bad) and holding an infant stuffed in a lifevest for 20 minutes seems to up the ante of a not so pleasant experience.

.....you must go to the drill and please, please be on time. The crew will do a roll call by cabin number and number of people in it.

I am not saying that anyone that has posted on here will not go the drill, but a reminder for all who think it's a waste of time.

As someone else mentioned, don't wait for the signal to go to your muster station. Go early. On our first two cruises we waited for the signal and ended up some of the last people there! On our third cruise we went early and it was much nicer.

I would recommend you try the life vest on your infant to make sure you know how it works (if you haven't done it before) and then take it with you. I have seen varying degrees of enforcement from the crew as to whether they will push you have it on or not.

Jim

Chances are you probably won't need it, but .... It is better to go through the drill so that you know what to do in the event of an emergency, than to ignore it and be clueless when an emergency happens. I can think a several incidents in the past ten years where the muster drill came in handy (Greece [ship sank], Antarctica [ship sank], Monarch of the Seas [ran aground in St. Martin I think], and Star Princess [fire]). Imagine how many lives may have been saved on the Titanic if they followed the safety procedures that we have today.

Enjoy your cruise.

Oh, infants are sooooo cute at the lifeboat drill.... Yes you HAVE to go and yes the baby HAS to go..... The ship can NOT sell unless EVERY memebr is at the Muster drill and at the right station. Even people with medical conditions can not choose to opt out. With your baby you will get an INFANT LIFE SUIT. They are the same bright orange as the vest and the entire suite floats during a water emersion. It is SOOOOOO adorable. Every cruise that I see one, I always want to ask people if I can take a picture of their baby, but I am so afraid they may thing I am some kind of siko..... So I refrain. The suites kind of makes them look like the Michellian (sp?) tire guy. The only difference is it is orange. You know that big marshmellow guy from Ghost Busters (or am I dating myself)? The outfit has a hood and the only thing thjat is out is the face.... SOOOO cute. Before going to the drill, can you make sure you take a picture and come back here and post it or e-mail it to me. So many people ask this question and I try to explain what it looks like, but the picture would make it so clear. Have a great cruise.:)

The last two times I was on Magic, including last month, the muster stations aren't on deck they are on inside different places like the restaurants. But I've never seen anyone bring a stroller to muster. Carry the kid and bring everyone's life vest.

The last two times I was on Magic, including last month, the muster stations aren't on deck they are on inside different places like the restaurants. But I've never seen anyone bring a stroller to muster. Carry the kid and bring everyone's life vest.

Your muster station depends on your stateroom. Twice we have had ours in Animator's Palette. Once we were up on deck 4. Sitting for muster is much nicer. When you are up on deck they squeeze you together and you have to stand and wait for EVERYONE to show up. There is no room for a stroller. You are literally standing on top of eachother.

Jim

We've been out on deck 4, in Animator's Palate and in the WD Theater. It just depends on where your cabin in located.

Archived