Cruise Rules....... ? ? ?

sail7seas

-We try to stay off the beaten track
-Walk down, ride up(elevator)
-Walk the promenade after dinner
-Have coffee on deck 1st thing in the morning, hopefully before we dock or anchor
- sleep-in sometimes, see above tradition
- Be flexible with our schedule
- Try new things (ie. mini-car in Mazatlan)
- Late night at the rail while underway
- Get away by ourselves when possible
- Enjoy people when the previous cannot be followed
- Enjoy everything we can--even when around difficult situations
- HAVE FUN!!!!!

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=navy]No late night buffet/snack or chocolate extravaganza[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000080][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000080]Work out everyday [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000080][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000080][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000080]Stairs to and from breakfast, lunch & dinner[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000080]Walk the deck[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000080]Try not to fall asleep on a deck chair on the balcony (lost cause!)[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000080]Ignore dress code violators and don't thrown them overboard when observed[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Well I have only been on one cruise in 25 years so I don't know that this would classify as rules...but when we went on our last cruise we only had one rule...absolutely stay out of the dinning rooms for the midnight meal buffet! I don't know if any ships still have that...but its a good one to stay away from...especially the deserts.

I will have to think about the stairs for this trip. I have some problems with my legs so walking stairs is not always the best...but we have planned on taking nightly walks (if I can).

We just want to have fun!

1) Remember that a good time is what I make of it.
2) If I am not hungry don't eat.
3) Don't feel obligated to finish my meal in the dining room and better to go back for seconds in the Lido than not be able to finish what I took.
4) It's OK to go somewhere or do something by yourself. You don't need to depend on someone else to have fun. I have met some wonderful people having afternoon tea on board ship while DH was in the cabin catching up on some much needed rest.
5) I am part of the stairs club, always down and when I am really feeling chipper up as well.
6) Don't worry if I break rules 2-5 just focus on the first one and it will be all good.

[b]tomc's rules for a happy cruise:[/b]

1) When I leave my house, forget about everything. I can't do anything about it.

2) Never tell anyone what they "should" do.

3) Ship Happens. Go with the flow and don't complain.

4) When necessary, say: "I left my politics at the dock." Repeat if needed.

5) Remember that we are now living better than 99% of the world.

6) If the waiter brings us the wrong order, thank the Lord we have such good food and enjoy it.

7) Have fun with your cabin steward and the Lido waiters; they love the attention.

8) Thank the band and the small groups; they appreciate it.

1. Finding a balanced team for trivia.
2. Staying quietly in cabin area while DH walks the deck or uses the gym (someone needs to appreciate a balcony when we have one).
I'm glad to see so many of you using the stairs - that used to be our only rule, and we stuck to it even when we had to go up 10-12 decks on the old Queens Mary and Elizabeth. DH still uses the stairs for 4-5 decks, but my cane and I prefer the elevator. :D Nancy

Archived