What do you prefer, and WHY??!

klfhngr

In the first survey, if you put Voyager/Freedom together (since they are nearly the same ships, and most of those who love one of these classes also loves the other, so the votes get split), then the larger ships as a group are the preferred ones.

Not true. I can give you a bunch of people who are not happy with the Freedom Class yet don't mind the Voyager Class. I am one of them.

There is no putting together of Classes.

Based on your philosophy I can just add Vision Class and Sovereign Class together since they are nearly identical in size and then throw the Radiance Class on top of it since it is only a lousy 20k bigger in tonnage. That makes the Voyager Class and Freedom Class rather sad.

Or I could rephrase and say that only 13.xx% of all participants prefer the Freedom Class.

Which doesn't say much for the Freedom Class and doesn't bold well for the Oasis Class.

Bare in mind, which could be an indicator for you, that people who participated sometimes did not even cruise on all classes or had a couple cruise only on the Freedom Class.

Thats why I did the second poll and the Radiance Class was a run-away.

Haven't been on Radiance Class yet - but will finally get a chance in June on Serenade.

So far we much prefer the Voyager class ships to our one cruise on Legend. It was a beautiful ship, don't get me wrong. But I much prefer the Promenade for getting around the ship then the Centrum only. It's just a personal preference.

My in-laws love the Radiance class the best, so am curious to see what we think.

I figure any cruise - no matter the ship - is better than being at home.

Have only been on Radiance class ships (Brilliance and Radiance) so can't compare to other RCCL ships. But I have been on Celebrity Galaxy, HAL's Westerdam, NCL's Majesty and Dawn and Louis Cruise Line's Cristal and have to say that I can't imagine loving a class of ships more than the Radiance Class.

I love the layout of the ship, but mainly I love all that glass. I love that sense of knowing always that I am on the sea because I can look out and there it is.

After having sailed on the Vision class and Freedom class (last week), I would recommend....PRINCESS! They offer all the large ship amenities and activities, and still feel smaller, more elegant, and more intimate (in my opinion).

We enjoyed our Caribbean Princess cruise very much, and would sail Princess again and recommend it to our family/friends, but we liked RCI much better, for many reasons. Princess was comparatively blah in some regards (not more elegant at all, and not as spacious - more compartmentalized and an awkward layout, and a "boring" teen club). The Caribbean Princess is not large enough for the number of people aboard (800 seat theatre on a ship of 3200, for example. Very limited seating in the buffet area, too). They do some things better than RCI (like the sailaway seafood buffet and quality entertainment in the smaller venues), but these are not the things that are as important to us.

I agree with most of DonnaK's post - and I have sailed Vision, Jewel, and Explorer. I too felt that the public areas were nowhere near large enough for the number of people aboard. Because of this, I would not recommend the Caribbean Princess to anyone I know - but I would be willing to give Princess another try on a different ship (as long as it wasn't a Caribbean Princess clone).

Of the three classes I've sailed, my favorite was Jewel (Radiance class), mostly because of all the glass and ability to view the sea. Vision and Explorer (Voyager class) are a tie for me; I liked the intimacy of the Vision but must confess to being slightly seduced by the novelty of having that promenade down the middle of the Explorer!

There is no more thoughtfully designed ship than the Radiance-class ship.

I've cruised Spendour, Radiance, Voyager and Freedom. Splendour's crew was easily the best. Radiance the best ship. Voyager-class and Freedom just too darn big (but we are scheduled for a Voyager cruise in about one month)

Let me add my 2 cents worth. I am relatively new to cruising. I am going on my 4th cruise in just three weeks. After that cruise, I will have been on 4 diff. class of RCI Ships.

Mariner OTS - Voyager Class

Sovereign OTS - Sovereign Class

Radiance OTS - Radiance Class

Liberty OTS - Freedom Class (in 3 weeks)

and on October 9, 2010, I am booked on the Oasis.

I can't say that I have a favorite of the three I have been on. I love them all. Each has their own uniqueness and qualities. To truly judge which is best is up to each individual cruiser and what your needs are.

For families with kids and teens or very active cruisers, go big on the Voyage, Freedom or Genesis class.

For small to medium groups, for mature adults who just like relaxing, meeting up with good freinds and moderate activity levels, go on the Radiance Class. They are beautiful, have tons of glass, and great staff teams and activities. Plus they are beautifully designed and easy to navigate.

For less active cruisers who just like a quaint ship, easy to move around, not a lot of wallking and more personalized service, go on the Sovereign class. They are older and not quite as beautiful as the Radiance Class, have less dining options and the cabins are a little smaller, but the atmosphere is very relaxed and laid back. We had a great time.

Bottom line - Each of us are different and have different needs, know what your needs are and pick the right ship. It will become your favorite too.

Happy Cruising,

Dave

Archived