What do you prefer, and WHY??!

klfhngr

Any of the Radiance Class ships! Absolutely the best. Comfortable size. Excellent layout and design. Windows everywhere! Yacht-like appearance.

Our vote goes in this order:

1. Radiance Class

2. Vision Class

3. Voyager Class

That is all we have tried so far but I can't imagine preferring any ships to the Radiance Class.

Any of the Radiance Class ships! Absolutely the best. Comfortable size. Excellent layout and design. Windows everywhere! Yacht-like appearance.

1. Radiance Class

2. Vision Class

3. Voyager Class

That is all we have tried so far but I can't imagine preferring any ships to the Radiance Class.

I totally agree!!!:D

1. We've only been on Voyager-class ships. We love them because of the variety of activities offered. There's something to appeal to every member of our family, especially the teens, so everyone is happy and satisfied. We also find the ships to have a "WOW" factor that still delights us. I can only imagine that we'll like Freedom class ships even more, whenever we eventually sail on one.

2. We'd love to try a Radiance class ship. Even though they aren't as expansive in size and activity as the Voyager class, I hear that they are visually stunning. I'm sure we'd love them, too. Unfortunately, they only sail the Caribbean during the winter, and we can only cruise during the summer when they are on cost-prohibitive itineraries (Alaska or Europe). Maybe someday!

3. I think that for our family, Vision class ships are probably too small. We need a lot of stimulation, and a lot of activity, and we tend to gravitate towards the newer/bigger ships. However, we wouldn't rule them out.

1. Radiance Class

2. Vision Class

3. Voyager Class

This is what I have been hearing from a lot of people. We are considering Radiance for Alaska.

Vision class with a very close 2nd for Radiance. Voyager a distant third. Larger ones not in the race.:)

Have to agree with the poster except we would rank Radiance one and Vision two. We don't need or want all of the bells and whistles of the 'floating mega hotels' but that's just our opinion.:)

We have only been on Voyager Class (Explorer and Mariner) and Radiance Class (Brilliance and Radiance). They both have good and bad points, but my favorite would be the Radiance Class. Now out of the Radiance Class, the Brilliance is my favorite! Wish they would bring them back to the U.S.

I liked the voyager best. I seem to be the only one. I like the PR cabins and the cafe that you can get ALL the kinds of cookies and the pizza is hotter and fresher and the cabins are bigger. For that Ill walk in a larger ship.

Iv also done Rhapsody which was ok, we didnt have as nice of a cabin as the OV on Voyager we did last year. Also did SOV and the cabins are just too small for me. I will say the food in Johnny Rockets and the dancing was much better on SOV than on Voyager. On Voyager we went in when there was no on else, they served a soggy hamburger, didnt listen on our order and of course no dancing. SOV wins there hands down, more friendly and better food.

But I just thought Voyager was so pretty, I had to love that ship the best.

Our favorite is Radiance - we've only been on the Radiance , none of the others. Second would be Voyager unless they bring the Rhapsody back to Galveston!

Radiance is just the right size and all that glass - it's just beautiful. We went on Voyager not expecting to like it because of its size but were pleasantly surprised.

We will be on the Freedom in June so we'll see how we like it.

It depends on if I am sailing on a girl's cruise or with my family. If my teens are along, definitely the Voyager or above class. Although DS says the Serenade to Alaska was his favourite, both kids did seem to spend far too much time watching TV....:rolleyes: With the Mariner, they didn't do as much of that.

For me, the Radiance class is my favourite, but with a great group, the Vision or Sovereign class does just fine, too. The Vision will always have a special place in my heart. I'm happy just to be on a ship with my buds.:)

1. Radiance Class

2. Vision Class

3. Voyager Class

Ditto!!

1. Radiance Class

2. Vision Class

3. Voyager Class

Me too! Only did Freedom once and although we enjoyed it, it was too big for us and too hectic. Radiance is JUST RIGHT and most of my cruises have been on Vision Class, which never disappoint and are more homey I think.

After having sailed on the Vision class and Freedom class (last week), I would recommend....PRINCESS! They offer all the large ship amenities and activities, and still feel smaller, more elegant, and more intimate (in my opinion).

After having sailed on the Vision class and Freedom class (last week), I would recommend....PRINCESS! They offer all the large ship amenities and activities, and still feel smaller, more elegant, and more intimate (in my opinion).

We enjoyed our Caribbean Princess cruise very much, and would sail Princess again and recommend it to our family/friends, but we liked RCI much better, for many reasons. Princess was comparatively blah in some regards (not more elegant at all, and not as spacious - more compartmentalized and an awkward layout, and a "boring" teen club). The Caribbean Princess is not large enough for the number of people aboard (800 seat theatre on a ship of 3200, for example. Very limited seating in the buffet area, too). They do some things better than RCI (like the sailaway seafood buffet and quality entertainment in the smaller venues), but these are not the things that are as important to us.

Two previous polls:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=731342

(Funny, that the Freedom only comes in 3rd. What does that mean to Oasis?)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/poll.php?do=showresults&pollid=2701

(Radiance Class pretty much dominating)

In the first survey, if you put Voyager/Freedom together (since they are nearly the same ships, and most of those who love one of these classes also loves the other, so the votes get split), then the larger ships as a group are the preferred ones.

Archived