RCCL - Full Day Adventure??

jacksmom09

• 2 months later...

Yeah, I am thinking of booking this, but I am hesitant. There aren't any reviews, and I want to make sure I get my money's worth, and the things we do aren't like 10 minutes long.

I leave for my trip in 2 weeks from today. (I just signed up for the trip a few weeks ago.) =D

• 5 weeks later...

Okay, well I have come back from the trip.

We tried to do the Full Day Adventure, but apparently we were the only two that signed up for this excursion. It is supposed to be beautiful and even the Adventures! ladies on ship said it was good.

So I would definitely suggest getting a group of people together for this to make sure the excursion doesn't get canceled due to lack of interest.

• 8 months later...

We did this one through Carnival off of the Conquest in September. They call it the 'Ultimate Adventure'. It was fun, but they do all the activities in a closely supervised tight group. It was follow the leader and stay in line all the way. They don't let you just sorrkel around the reef and look around... you have to follow closely a guy towing a red flag at a painfully slow pace. The kayaking is the same way. Everyone goes together and they follow the same guy in a line to a certain spot, then everyone follows him back. Then the Kayaking activity is completed and they move on to lunch.

It is a nice beach and we were the only ones there.

The boat ride there and back was a blast and sure beat going to Punta Sur in a bus or taxi.

This is a fun excursion if you are ok with being supervised like a kindergarten class on a field trip. I think that is probably typical for excursions through the cruise line though.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for info. We got back a few days ago from RCCL Enchanment of the Seas. Once again (apparently) this excursion was cancelled because only 4 people signed up. I really think they should rename it. \

We went as an alternative on Clear Kayak/Snorkeling combo at Playa Uvas. It sounds similar to what you describe above, James, in terms of the kayaking and snorkeling, however I still think Full Day Adventure would have been much better due to speed boat vs.taxi, Punta Sur (further away from cruise ship, nicer beach, etc.)......

We enjoyed ourselves but for the same price the other would have been better.

Archived