Cruising Nightmares...

J-Hawk

Does anyone else have them? I had a horrible one that I did not pack at all for my family of four and we had to board as it was last call. We had to decide between walking away and losing our fare, packing and meeting the ship at the first port, or boarding and buying everything on the ship and in port. We chose the latter, but now I am panicked about our January cruise and would like to start packing.

Just had a doozie last week, in fact I posted it on my roll call thread because it scared me!!!:eek:

I dreamt that I was on the ship for a minute and then the cruise was ending and I didn't get to do any of the things I wanted to!!!! I remember thinking I hadn't even been in the dining room yet - only the Windjammer :eek:

I woke up in a sweat - but very happy to realize I haven't actually missed anything and that my cruise is still 28 days away!!!! PHEW!!!!! LOL

For my transatlantic cruise that I just took, I arranged a bus for 50 of us from our roll call from London to Harwich, a 2 1/2 hour ride. Talk about having nightmares. I dreamed that the bus didn't show up. Another night none of the people showed up. :D The bus broke down...and on and on for a week before.

Reality was that it went absolutely beautifully, right on time and we had a great group. We arrived at 12:30 and were on board in a a few minutes.

The one that gets me is always a variation of "Late Back and the Ship is GONE!" or "Flight Went Somewhere Else Because the Pilot Got Lost!"

Of the ones that are the worst are the dreams where you find yourself standing on a strange pier while the ship sails away and you've got naught but your skivvies on. :eek:

I woke up with a jump out of bed - we were docked and the attendant was yelling through the door that she had to clean the room for the next trip. I looked around and realized all my clothes other than the boxers I was wearing got packed and taken away the night before. Luckily - right about this time - my wife rolled over and woke me up. Talk about waking up ...AGAIN... with a start. I've never been so happy to get smacked in the head at 4am ;) - it was all a dream.

Time to buy some pajamas just in case.

whew....

My worst and I have had a couple similar is that the ship is travelling out of a very narrow harbour in very high seas. The captain is gunning it doing 50 knots, we are riding the waves like rapids and we wipe out a breakwall and lighthouse.

Dream Interpretation Cruise Ship

A cruise ship signals forecast bright prospects, if upon clear water. If the water is unsettled and turbulent, cares and unhappy changes threaten the dreamer. If you are surrounded by happy friends you board a ship without an accident and many favors will be showered upon you. Unlucky is the dreamer who falls overboard while sailing upon stormy waters.

from

http://www.dream-interpretation.org.uk/free-dream-interpretation-dictionary-c/dream-interpretation-cruise-ship.htm

To dream that you are on a cruise, represents some emotional journey that you are going through. The dream may also be a pun on "cruising" through situations in your life with ease and little effort.

from

http://www.dreammoods.com/dreamdictionary/c4.htm

For my transatlantic cruise that I just took, I arranged a bus for 50 of us from our roll call from London to Harwich, a 2 1/2 hour ride. Talk about having nightmares. I dreamed that the bus didn't show up. Another night none of the people showed up. :D The bus broke down...and on and on for a week before.

Reality was that it went absolutely beautifully, right on time and we had a great group. We arrived at 12:30 and were on board in a a few minutes.

On our bus ride from Seattle to Vancouver our bus did break down. The driver called the terminal and they could not get someone to repair the bus or send another in time to get us to the ship. Well one of the passengers used to work on diesel engines and he got the bus rolling. Talke about a nightmare. We got to the ship just before it was time to leave. Poor us, we missed the muster.

Jan

If cruising stresses you out this much, you might want to consider an alternative.

On the contrary -- I find that I dream a bit about things that are on my mind, stressful or not. I always dream about the first day of school (I am a teacher) starting in August. It is not something I am stressed about, but rather something that I've been planning for and thinking about a lot.

Now a cruise, I can see how if you are the one in charge of the arrangements, I can see how dreams could pop up, but I would guess for most of us, that they are in our dreams because we're thinking about the upcoming cruise ALOT (as evidenced by being on this site!)

Several years ago when we booked our first cruise we booked inside rooms.

My husband had a dream that he woke up in the cabin and could not see and he did not know where he was. So he woke me up at 3 am and said you have to change our room to a balconey. I looked at the clock and told him it was 3 am and I would in the morning. ;)

He was really terrified so we only book balconey rooms now.

I just dreamed this week that we went to check in and I had forgotten

our passports and our drivers licenses. I got out of bed at 4am and put

our passports with our docs.

I can put up with nightmares as long as I still get to cruise.

And I thought it was just me! I have this reoccuring one that I am on this ship...looks like a Carnival ship, strange decor...and we are cruising down this waundering river. The river just goes on & on & we never make it to the ocean or any of our ports. When the cruise is over, I find that I am locked out of my cabin & can't get my stuff. To top it off, all the people cruising with me (usually my family in the dream) have disembarked without me!

I wake myself up real fast after these dreams! My daughter thinks they are funny. My Hubby tells me not to snack anymore before I go to bed!LOL

My cruise nightmares always begin about 2 months before my cruise. They're always about packing, or I should say NOT being packed. In my dreams, I'm running around trying to find clothes, some are in the wash, etc. In real life that would almost be impossible because I have my clothes ready weeks in advance. I could probably be ready and packed for a cruise with a half an hour's notice!!!! (I have a "cruise closet"). But nonetheless, I still have the nightmares!!!!!!

I am looking into airfare for January and it is so high for nonstop that I am afraid we will have to get a connection in Atlanta. If we do this, I know that I will have non-stop nightmares about our baggage getting lost!

My cruising nightmare was when my DH got sick the day we got on board and was running a high fever. He spent some time in the ship's hospital. I was thinking how I was going to make it through a 10 day cruise basically by myself. He got better the middle of the cruise and then got seasick. He was able to enjoy the last few days of the cruise. I will say that the ship's hospital was very well prepared and took good care of him. We had met two couples at dinner the first night and I was able to spend some time with them so that helped. No one else on the ship got sick that we know of so it wasn't one of those ship epidemics. I think that he got on board with whatever it was that made him sick.

Archived