One adult, two teens in a cabin on Sovereign, how?

me (18), my (16) year old brother and my 12 and 9 year old sisters were fine in our first cruise ever aboard Sovereign (granted it was cramped, but we don't spend any time in the cabin). I would sleep on the pool deck if they let me.

Tell me, how do you manage sleeping arrangements for three in a cabin ? I see the cabins are tiny. My is taking her child and a child's friend, what are possible sleeping arrangements ?

I would want the fourth bunk down to put stuff on. Use a door shoe holder for all the small items. It will be tight, but better than working.

There are a lot of spoiled people on these boards that will tell you the only way to cruise is in a balcony cabin. I have read from many people that say this category or that category are way too small and your vacation will be ruined if you book one of those. I will give you the other side of the story. Money plays a role when we plan vacations. We try to get the most for our dollar. We cruise every couple of years. We have always booked an oceanview on deck 2 (the cheapest oceanviews). By spending less on our cabin we can spend more on other things such as shore excursions. We (wife and I plus our two kids) had an oceanview on deck 2 of the Sovereign a few years ago. Was it tight? Yes. Did it ruin our vacation? Absolutely not!! We made do with what we had. We use our room to change clothes and to sleep. Honestly, there was not room for all four of us to change our clothes at the same time so wife and daughter would get ready then son and I would.

As for the layout, we had twin beds with Pullmans above them. Yes, twin beds meant that wife and I had to sleep in separate beds but we were on vacation with our kids and that was more important than sleeping in the same bed.

If you are super picky about space, these cabins may not be for you but if you can adapt to your surroundings, you'll be fine. It's your vacation and it will be what YOU make it.

I agree with Cruiseguy! What's more important to me is saving some money for other things. Last May, we had 4 adults in an outside on deck 8 when RCCL was having the $99 3rd and 4th person special. Sure it was tight, but we never had any trouble. We are all good friends and we really had a blast! Like others say, most of the time you aren't even in the cabin except for sleeping. Now having a snorer int the group...that's another story (just kidding G and K!). Just go with the flow and you'll have a great time!

Archived