Turkish Air--baggage allowancce

ULuv2Travel2

I booked all on a single purchase via Delta. I am flying Delta to Athens, taking the cruise, flying Turkish Airlines to Paris, staying over night for two nights in Paris and then flying home on Delta.

I understand baggage allowance if I booked on Turkish airlines from/to the US. But this was purchased via Delta and the Turkish Airlines leg of the trip kind of "stands alone" --we aren't flying to Paris for a few hour layover and transferring to Delta...bottomline I am confused as to what my carry on and checked baggage allowance is. They don't seem to breakdown international flight, only flights to/from the US and Canada.

I have one checked bag, one carry on bag, and a personal bag.

Thank you--so the number of checked bags doesn't matter as long as it doesn't exceed the 20KG?

Be sure to remember that's 20kg TOTAL for all checked bags together. If you have 2 bags each weighing 10lbs empty, that's almost 1/2 of your allowance just in the weight of the bags. Often better to go with one larger than two smaller.

Try calling Turkish Air and the recording states 70lbs or 32 kg. I am going crazy with this airline! Also I think the carry on can't weigh more than 18 lbs. I called 1-800 874-8875 #7 then #3. I hate this airline.

Op is not in the same situation as you are. If I remember correctly, you are flying from the US to Europe on Turkish Air. Op seems to have a flight within Europe on Turkish Air. Baggage allowances are different. Look at the baggage section on their webpage. The Piece Concept US & Canada applies to your flights; you are allowed two bags as already stated in your other post about this.

You are making yourself crazy about nothing.

Archived