Do I need a visa for Turkey??

Do we need a visa for Turkey? I saw some conflicting info online...called Princess, they said I did not need one, but would like additional confirmation..I will be VERY sad if I need one and don't have it.

You do NOT need a visa if:

• You are an American citizen
  • You are only visiting Turkey for a day on a cruise ship OR you are in port for 2 days but overnighting on your ship
  • You are not beginning or ending your cruise in Turkey

(I visited Turkey on a Princess cruise in 2006, fyi)

I am assuming you are an American Citizen.

You do not need a visa if you are transiting through Turkey on the cruise ship. The only exception would be if the cruise ship had an overnight AND you chose to stay at a hotel rather than the cruise ship.

If you are embarking in Turkey or disembarking in Turkey you would need a visa but you can get one at the airport when you land (if your cruise begins there) or you can get it after you disembark the ship.

Keith

I was there a few weeks ago. You are given a turkish landing card to complete and carry with you while you are in Istanbul. It is to be handed in when you return to the ship before the sailaway. When in Ephesus ( still in Turkey) there was no such thing. I never thought to ask why!

I'm Canadian and two weeks ago we didn't need a visa since we were arriving and leaving by cruise ship. We were given a Landing Card that we kept with us while onshore and handed them in at the gangplank when we came aboard the ship for the last time on our second day in port.

2P.P1

You do NOT need a visa if:

• You are an American citizen
  • You are only visiting Turkey for a day on a cruise ship OR you are in port for 2 days but overnighting on your ship
  • You are not beginning or ending your cruise in Turkey

(I visited Turkey on a Princess cruise in 2006, fyi)

In addition, at embarkation you will likely have to surrender your passport (we did on a HAL round trip from Venice, calling at Istanbul (overnight) and Kusadasi) which will be returned to you towards the end.

Thank you derby4. Information that current is really helpful and eases my mind. My travel agent finally contacted me (she was at a conference with limited access) and told me the same thing.

This is one you really do not need to worry about. I have been to these ports numerous times.

Have a great time.

Keith

Archived