Are the pillows comfy?

SunPacific

I've read here where the matress is so comfortable - how does that apply to the pillows? Are they puffy and thick, hard or soft? I don't like real big pillows like you get in some hotels, and I'm wondering if I should bring my down-filled one with a flannel (so soft!) case. TYIA! :)

They are so wonderful and comfortable, that I bought 4 several years ago when I returned from the Spirit in Alaska. I travel quite a bit and my pillow goes with me everywhere now! The only time I do not take it is when I cruise....it stays in the car in the parking garage until my return!

Thanks for sharing the link to purchase Carnival bedding. When I go on a Carnival Cruise it's like sleeping on a cloud. I love it. We've always had inside rooms and I thought it was because it was so dark that I slept so good. Then we decided it was the mattress, too. This time we have a window, so I'll be able to find out the truth. If it's the mattress.... well, guess what I want for Christmas!!! And thanks to you... I know where to find it!

I ordered two of the standard pillows last year, and it was well worth the money! I love these pillows, and will be buying some for X-mas presents for my parents, who keep saying they're going to steal ours! They still look like the day they arrived, nice and fluffy.

We have bought both types of pillows that say are the Carnival pillows and they are not that good!

I absolutely love the pillows on the ships and so I bought my dh and I both a set of each kind and they are just not the same. They end up really flat and uncomfortable.

This was really disappointing cause they are not cheap!!

Pillows come in MANY different styles/types. There is a reason for that - not everyone prefers the same type.

That having been said. We TAKE our pillows (both of us) whenever we cruise. We absolutely love the bedding overall as we bought the set - sans pillows (story in itself below). The pillow which is included in the Comfort Bed set is just not quite right (in a Goldilocks sort of way).

Now - the Carnival bedding set we purchased, at least in OUR case - was NOT the same as we find on the ships. And we have enjoyed it MANY times onboard Carnival, so we know the difference. The sheets don't feel as smooth, and the duvet (comforter or whatever it's called) is not nearly as dense/heavy. Part of what we really enjoy is having the room very cool, and slipping under a substantial comforter ---- as if cocooned!!!

Thus - we gave our bedding set to our son, whose standards (to his benefit) are not the same as ours!

Tom

Well thats a bummer to read what you order is not the same as on the ships.. The pillows on the ships were supportive.. I always brought my own because I have issues with my neck and the ships pillows were great.. Now I am not sure I want to order them..

I guess what is on the ship is a 'commercial' grade and what they sell us is a 'residential' grade :confused:

Well thats a bummer to read what you order is not the same as on the ships.. The pillows on the ships were supportive.. I always brought my own because I have issues with my neck and the ships pillows were great.. Now I am not sure I want to order them..

I guess what is on the ship is a 'commercial' grade and what they sell us is a 'residential' grade :confused:

Well, in all honestly, I can't say that (ordered) pillows would differ at all - compared to what's on the ship - as we did not order them.

Additionally, I feel that we are in a minority regarding our opinion of the Carnival Comfort Bed set which you can order. Others, on here, report that it's the same. Perhaps one of us is wrong.. OR .. perhaps we just got a cheap imitation!! :(

Tom

Well, in all honestly, I can't say that (ordered) pillows would differ at all - compared to what's on the ship - as we did not order them.

Additionally, I feel that we are in a minority regarding our opinion of the Carnival Comfort Bed set which you can order. Others, on here, report that it's the same. Perhaps one of us is wrong.. OR .. perhaps we just got a cheap imitation!! :(

Tom

Well thinking about it, there would have to be a difference because there would be no way they could sell the complete set in commercial quality for as little as $300 or $400.. the commercial quality would be produced for unlimited wear through many washings.. so I would guess not!

:)

Archived