Mt Gaye Rum distillery?

sharks48

My son was recently in Barbados on a cruise and went to the Mt Gaye Rum distillery. He's unsure exactly where it is. The "address" I got in a search just give the name of the road, not a number. I'm assuming this is not the same distillery that is at Malibu Beach, but obviously I could be wrong!

We're going to Barbados soon and might want to check this out. Can Aplmac or any of the other helpful Barbados people help me out?

Thanks so much!!

My son was recently in Barbados on a cruise and went to the Mt Gay Rum distillery.

He's unsure exactly where it is.

The "address" I got in a search just give the name of the road, not a number.

I'm assuming this is not the same distillery that is at Malibu Beach,

but obviously I could be wrong! ===> Malibu and Mt.Gay are 2 separate corporate entities.

The Mt. Gay distillery is at the far Northern end of the island.

They do have a Visitor Centre close to the Bridgetown Port

to save visitors a long haul on twisty-turny roads.

It's not impossible that your son did a real-distillery tour way out in the sticks

but it's a lot more likely he did the Visitor Centre close by..

(as is the Malibu operation)

Thank you, aplmac! I'm sure he was at the Visitor Center, since he said it wasn't far from the ship. Do you know whether this is walking distance from the ship [i walk 3mi/day]? The address I have is "Spring Garden Highway".

Thanks so much for your reply - and for all the great info you have shared with us!

• 2 weeks later...
My favorite rum has always been Mt Gay and I would like to go to the visitors center, but this will be our 3rd time to Barbados and every time has been on Sunday! Just want to verify that it is not open.

My favorite rum too! I am wondering if there are other places to get this cheap on the island.

It's the main ingredient in my Jess' Rum Punch

My favorite rum has always been Mt Gay and I would like to go to the visitors center, but this will be our 3rd time to Barbados and every time has been on Sunday! Just want to verify that it is not open.

I can't find anything to indicate it is open Saturday or Sunday. This from the Mount Gay web site - http://www.mountgayrum.com/

Mount Gay Distilleries

Brandons

St. Michael Barbados

The visitor center is located 3 minutes away from the Bridgetown Cruise Terminal.

NEW ! A new Mount Gay® Rum experience with the Cocktail Tour on Wednesdays at 2:30pm.Take the Cocktail Tour to hang around this favourite stop:

Want to really linger and “lime” at the Bar? Take the Cocktail Tour - first, get the History & Tradition Tour… then on to the Bar to tarry and discover another unforgettable experience: having your taste buds tempted and tantalized as you are taught the secrets of Exotic Cocktail “Mixology” by the Master Barman. Learn to do the “Loco Motion”, the “Tropical Mojo”, the “Masquerader” or other mixes, all made to perfection using the world’s finest spirits. Then “turn it up a notch” for more friendly rivalry and camaraderie as we award prizes to the most delicious concoctions. Not surprisingly, in this entertaining and enlightening encounter, the highlight of the show is sampling these appetising creations. Equally understandable; our challenge of “closing the bar” – some folks just want to keep mixing and sipping!

Tour Prices

- Traditional Tour - USD $7.00 ( children free ), approximatively 45 minutes.

- Lunch Tour - USD $40.00 ( children half price ), transportation included - reservations required; approximatively 2 hours.

- Cocktail Tour - USD $30.00 ( no children allowed ), transportation included – reservations required; approximatively 2 hours.

Business hours

first tour at 9:30am and last 3:30pm...tours run every hour

Phone - 246-425-8757

Fax - 246-425-8770

Email - charmaine.hooper@remy-cointreau.com

Archived