The best cruiser's website

boobooboyee

Hi all. I really just wanted to let everyone know -especially any newbies that may be lurking - that THIS is by far the best site for information, advice, support and sharing about cruising ! When I recently decided I wanted to go on a cruise (after not having done one in over 15 years), I went on the internet and found a few sites where cruise discussion took place. One was cruisemates.com, and I even joined as a member so I could post on the message boards. :eek: Sheesh....(I hope I'm allowed to post this; JMHO)

Well - let me put it to you this way. I am sooooo glad I didn't stop there and not look further or I probably would not have gone on the cruise at all. So much negativity ! No one ever seems satisfied with anything or any cruise line; everything is scrutinized to a fault. No wonder the boards are only visited sporadically.

Here, I feel comfortable about sharing and asking questions - and because of that, I had an absolutely GREAT time on my recent cruise with hubby. I learned so much from you guys and gals, without judgment, and because of that, I was able to have advance knowledge, plan better and appreciate it all.

So -thanks ! Here's to the very best Cruise wite on the web, bar none. BB ;)

Attention: The martini tasting is now starting on deck 10!:D

make mine chocolate!!!!.. and thanks for everyone's support for the best cruise boards on the internet!!.. :D

my first cruise was in 2003 and i scoured the net for info on cruising. i too ventured in the '' other '' site that was mentioned and was flamed for asking simple questions that were important to me but deemed silly to some of the members there. well i flew from there and settled here on cc. and i have been here ever since. im so glad for cc and i come here several times a day to see any new threads that will help me or that i can help with others. im home here and will stay for ever. :)

I found Cruise Critic after taking several cruises. I thought I knew what I was doing...

I found you before my Dawn CTN earlier this year. I had lunch in the dining room - Ahh - and not the Buffet - Ugh. I also had my first mini-suite (and first balcony).

But thanks to you guys I have so much more information going into my next one (next Feb.) that I am thrilled. Thanks to CC I chose the cabin I did (AC Aft). I don't think I would have but for YOU! And my packing list is one out of MacGuyver!

I truly felt I have made some friends here. I have even read some of the heated discussions, after all there are a lot of opinions. But for the most part, even those are tongue-in-cheek.

Ditto, CC is the best!

As someone already stated -- it's so nice to read both the positive and the negative on Cruise Critic -- instead of only the negative. It really does give one a nice comparison.

I think what amazes me the most is that two people can be on the same cruise, and have such two different experiences. I truly believe that not all of the people with "bad" experiences are being unrealistic -- just different things happen to different people.

Archived