internet TA question

abenaki

I have made a deposit on a winter 09 cruise through an internet TA. I now find an offer $500 less, but through a different agency.

Should I contact the original TA to see if he is able to match the offer, if the price has gone down. If not, can I cancel and get the deposit back and rebook with the new agent.

I would hate to do this, but on the other hand it is $500....

thanks ,if you have had a similar experience

I have made a deposit on a winter 09 cruise through an internet TA. I now find an offer $500 less, but through a different agency.

Should I contact the original TA to see if he is able to match the offer, if the price has gone down. If not, can I cancel and get the deposit back and rebook with the new agent.

Hi Abenaki !

Before you worry about canceling, I would call your current TA, and advise them of the offer. If it is the same price as the Azamara website, they should be able to match it. It's possible the price came down, and all they need to do is adjust it.

On the other hand, if they cannot match the offer, you should ask them if there are fees to cancel. If it isnt too much, then it still might make sense to change TA's. You do run the risk of losing your current cabin, and you need to consider that as well.

Lastly, a small amount of offers are for "New Bookings Only". In this case, if you cancel the old one, you may not be allowed to re-book with another TA, at the lower price. These are all things you need to check out, before you cancel your current booking.

Please let us know what happens, and good luck !

I usually book directly with a cruise line so I can take advantage of any price reductions or offers. Just before final payment I may transfer the booking to a TA for some perk like prepaid tips or OBC. I find it very frustrating to be in your situation. Good luck.

Go to the Azamara website and do a pretend booking for your sailing. Azamara prohibits discounting of cruises by travel agents, so it's likely that they reduced the price of the cruise.

If the online TA won't match the price drop and charges a cancellation fee, you'll still probably come out ahead, since those fees seldom exceed $50.

I now do the same thing as cruisePRN. I had a horrible experience with an agency recently when our agent left and the bookings stayed behind. Although I do like our current agent, once bitten, twice shy!

If this cruise is with Royal Caribbean, Celebrity or Azamara if it is not a 1 day sale then your agent should be able to get the lower price for you. If not then yes cancel and rebook with another agent. Today $500.00 is $500.00 for you to spend on SHOPPING!!!! :D

Archived