Damaged Luggage Claims

dces1

Send it to 300 Elliott Ave W, Seattle WA. They should respond. Or give them a call and you can be directed to the person who handles these things.

We had the handle ripped off one of our suitcases last August. Contacted HAL and was told to see if it could be fixed, if not they would replace it. Went to Samsonite and was told that they would do it for free except I would have to pay for the shipping, which turned out was $15. Was returned to my house in four days, fixed. HAL paid the $15 and all is well.

A couple of years ago we had a piece of luggage damaged as it was taken off the ship.

The representative at the terminal told us just to call Ship Services which we did when we got home and they directed us to the appropriate department.

The piece of luggage had been used on only 2 cruises (4 flights) and we still had the sales receipt. We were reimbursed 75% of what we paid for the suitcase.

Princess can repair luggage right on the ship. We had a handle broken between the airport and our cabin.....in Princess' possession all the time and when I mentioned it at the front desk they said to bring it to them and they'd send it to luggage repair. Never knew they had one, but maybe HAL does too.

Among other more important duties, the Red Coat staff do carry damaged or missing luggage forms for you to fill out. Please don't wait until you get home to notify them that you have a damaged luggage claim. Basically it gives you the option of having your luggage repaired, and HAL will reimburse you for the cost.

David

Last year when our luggage came to our Maasdam stateroom I found that the pull-up handle on a rolling bag had been damaged. I asked the Guest Relations desk what to do about it and they said they could probably repair it. They did, with an entirely new mechanism that left me with a bag better than the original--it was an empty cheap bag that I'd brought along to put purchases and such in. The carpenter shop onboard seems to be an amazing place!

Archived