Gift Baskets for cruisers similiar to hotel rooms?

fateknows

I generally have a gift basket delivered to our hotel room to make our stay more enjoyable. These baskets usually include bottled water, wine, nuts and fruits. I checked the Holland America gift baskets. For two bottles of water and a carrier the cost was over $19. Ugh.

Is it possible to have a third party deliver a basket? Has anyone had any experience with this?

I agree with the responding posts thus far. There is more than enough to eat and munch on onboard, which is included in your price. Perhaps a nice tip for your room attendant, above the suggested gratuities, when you board, may generate a nice fruit/nut basket.

Have a great cruise!!

Barry

Some cruise lines used to permit gift baskets to be delivered from third party companies but that is rare these days. They cannot get through port security and the ships don't want all sorts of 'unknown' deliveries. People were trying to 'get cute' and get around the rules not permitting guests to lug liquor aboard and sent themselves gift baskets with scotch and vodka etc :D

One of the largest companies that used to deliver to ships at Port of Miami and Port Everglades is now out of business.

I like having a flower arrangement delivered -- I think that it really brightens up the cabin. I haven't been on Holland America, but have been very pleased with what I've ordered from Princess and Royal Caribbean.

There's plenty of stuff to eat and drink on a cruise--why spend the extra money?? Water should be free. Fruit is available. Don't pay for it! Isn't the cruise (and your company) enough??

Gosh, I guess everyone has something that makes them feel like they are on a special trip. One of the things that I truely enjoy is walking into my room(cabin) for the first time and finding a basket in my room.

Wine for a toast, water bottles so I can not have to worry about water on trips and favorite treats. Have you ever had red miniature bananas? I promise you will crave them.

If anyone has a recommendation for a business that will deliver a basket, I'd appreciate it.

Thank-you.

Gosh, I guess everyone has something that makes them feel like they are on a special trip. One of the things that I truely enjoy is walking into my room(cabin) for the first time and finding a basket in my room.

Wine for a toast, water bottles so I can not have to worry about water on trips and favorite treats. Have you ever had red miniature bananas? I promise you will crave them.

If anyone has a recommendation for a business that will deliver a basket, I'd appreciate it.

Thank-you.

There used to be a wonderful business that would deliever baskets of whatever you wanted to the ship. But they are out of business now as you can no longer have basket delievered to the ships.

Laura

Archived