Help-Radiance-Which cabin- 8102, 8586,7094, 8086 or

the one we have booked already 9584? This is for Alaska.

Here's the scoop. I am in such a quandary. I originally booked the above when ds was going to be staying with us in the cabin. Now his gf is going so they will be in an inside cabin. We do not really need the D-1 even though I know it is roomier. We have been in E cabins before and they are fine. What I liked about the other cabins is that they would have a larger balcony if we have company which will happen and I would think it would be less windy. What I am concerned about is I like to be able to see forward and aft especially in Alaska. For any of you that have had any of these cabins, please give me your opinion. I have read that the cabins on the port side (elevators) are noisy due to the centrum, but we don't usually go to bed before midnight.

HELP, please. (p.s.-we are trying to save $220 too);)

None of the cabins are noisy because of the elevators/stairs--they are all in their own little foyer.

8102 & 7094 are identical. I'd rather be on deck 8 than on deck 7--I just like the higher decks! They have the largest balconies of all of your choices, including that which you already have booked.

You will be able to see forward if you're standing at the rail--and you will not be doing the entire trip in your cabin! You're going to want to be on the upper, open decks so you can see on BOTH sides of the ship!

I'd take one of the 2 I mentioned, so you'll have more balcony room.

Thank you CB, I need someone to make a decision for me :). Neither my dh or I can seem to make one. lol. I wish 8088 were available, but it's not. I am more inclined to go with deck 8 too, just wasn't sure if I wanted to face aft instead of forward (as in 8088). You are right though. Even with a balcony, we still are not there a lot. Thanks

We had 8586 for Alaska and our kids were a couple of doors down in an inside. It was a perfect location, great balcony. All of us fit no problem and it was perfect for viewing everything while a perfect convenient location

IMG_2511-1.jpg

IMG_2506-1.jpg

IMG_2514.jpg

IMG_2515.jpg

I had 8586 on the Jewel and the balcony was great. 2 chairs and a lounger, however I booked 8086 for my next cruise. The balcony looks bigger. There is a recent thread about this balcony and they say it has 2 chairs and 2 loungers.

I hope this helps. I prefer deck 8 over deck 7.

I have 9584 booked on the Radiance for Alaska next May. I like the fact that it's on the hump and I'll be able to see forward and aft. :)

Yes, you have no idea how I was on the phone daily so that I was as 1st as I could be when the 09 schedule was released so I could get this cabin. :rolleyes: but now with my ds in another cabin we can save enough money that I think it will hopefully be worth it. This trip is costing so much, I am trying to cut where I can. I figure we are going to be up on deck quite a bit of time anyways, and with the weather that time of year, who knows how much time we will actually be able to spend out there.

• 4 years later...
  • 3 months later...

Thanks!

It's certainly a lot "deeper" than "wider", but that's okay.

We're just so happy to have such a great balcony.

We're right behind you, sailing on the 29th, so take good care of the room for us :)

Keep us all informed about your cruise. And thank you again!

Thanks!

It's certainly a lot "deeper" than "wider", but that's okay.

We're just so happy to have such a great balcony.

We're right behind you, sailing on the 29th, so take good care of the room for us :)

Keep us all informed about your cruise. And thank you again!

My concern was that it would be like you were in a tunnel, but really enjoyed it. We have booked similar cabins since then. It's really nice to have the 2 chairs and 2 loungers. Hopefully it is still that way. We used the loungers as a table sometimes for the morning breakfast. Enjoy!