Dining Service on NCL - Please be honest

fivegirl

The post was to find out if this is now a fleetwide situation on NCL for some reason. It did not occur on two previous NCL sailings, but this summer it was constant. For me I do not want to spend up to an hour each night waiting for dinner. If that is the case, I would prefer to go back to fixed seating.

No one can guarantee that you won't have to wait for any length of time, so perhaps, your idea of going back to fixed seating is what you should do. At least with fixed seating, it won't be unacceptable to you.

Good luck.

I wouldn't have cared about the slow service on Jewel recently if the food had been hot when it was served to us. But it was usually cold or just warm.

Never had a long line to get into the main dining room.

The specialty restaurants are mostly not as good as they used to be, but there are far fewer diners in them now, not surprising.

IMHO there is nothing special about an NCL cruise now, its just run of the mill plain ordinary.

Its Denny's at sea I guess is the closest I could come.

oh come on? Denny's at Sea???

Nita

oh come on? Denny's at Sea???

Nita

Two things- you are saying it was bad, by the Denny's reference I assume? But I would like to add that while I am a lover of fine dining and so on all the way, when I am on a road trip, there is nothing more satisfying nor a more cheery place to start the day- than breakfast at Denny's. "Denny's- a good place to sit and eat.";) It's always fast and always fresh and the waitresses are always so damn perky.:)

A question to readers/cruisers of NCL: I was on Spirit in July and just got off the Jewel. I found that on both occassions there were long waits in the 6:30 to 7:30 zone at the major, free restaurants. Most annoyingly there were actually long waits to just get the beeper to wait even more. Is this common fleet wide? I was on Crown and Dawn just a few years ago and this was not the case, even with freestyle. Can folks weigh in with their own experiences?

I have been on the Dawn 2 times and the spirit and never had a wait....I also sailed with crown princess and had to wait 45 mins on line and then another hour before I got my food.....It was just like "Hells Kitchen" LOL

Two things- you are saying it was bad, by the Denny's reference I assume? But I would like to add that while I am a lover of fine dining and so on all the way, when I am on a road trip, there is nothing more satisfying nor a more cheery place to start the day- than breakfast at Denny's. "Denny's- a good place to sit and eat.";) It's always fast and always fresh and the waitresses are always so damn perky.:)

well I agree about Denny's and breakfast. When we travel we can always count on Dennys to have a great breakfast, but I don't consider NCL or any other line as having Denny's quality.. I am referring to dinner that is..

Nita

[quote name='newmexicoNita']well I agree about Denny's and breakfast. When we travel we can always count on Dennys to have a great breakfast, but I don't consider NCL or any other line as having Denny's quality.. I am referring to dinner that is..

Nita[/quote]

no, I hear you.

Archived