Wharf 8 to Airport Transfer

joll

We flew to Sydney on 8 October the day before our Sun Princess cruise. We were transferred to our Hotel by KST and were advised that they regularly visited Wharf 8 when the ships were in to transfer passengers back to the airport. We therefore bought a RETURN ticket for $22 instead of paying for a single ($13) and were given return tickets which stated KST PAID. As we were unable at that point to give a pickup time for our return trip, we were told to phone them when the ship berthed. (To ensure someone would be there for us we also emailed them from the ship with details but got no acknowledgement.) On arrival in Sydney, we rang and were told to ring again when we had passed through Customs and someone would be there in 20 minutes. Another couple of phone calls and an hour later we still hadn't been picked up. There was also another couple of passengers who had booked on line and their booking had been lost. Finally a driver in a KST Van, wearing KST uniform arrived, looked at our tickets and said they were no longer current. He didn' want to know the other couple either because they were not paying cash! He rang his office but wouldn't let us talk to them. He told us to ring the 1300 number on the ticket but when we did, it couldn't be connected. He then just drove off leaving us stranded.

We rang the office again and they gave us the number of another company which we rang. Airport Connect said they would honour the tickets and send a van. Unfortunately the driver didn't know where to go and was waiting out in the street and not at the bus pickup spot so finally after another call and over 1.5 hours wait, we were picked up and taken to the airport. Luckily we had our mobile phones with us and had booked a later flight. I might mention that while we were waiting, coaches organised by Princess were taking passengers to the airport for a cost of $40 (I think), but there was a man there who was directing passengers without bookings onto the same coach and charging $15. After seeing us wait so long, he even offered to take 2 of us for a total of $20.

So if you want to use KST, DON'T get a RETURN ticket!! Preferably don't use them at all, because they don't give you the right information and treat customers badly by just driving off.

We flew to Sydney on 8 October the day before our Sun Princess cruise. We were transferred to our Hotel by KST and were advised that they regularly visited Wharf 8 when the ships were in to transfer passengers back to the airport. We therefore bought a RETURN ticket for $22 instead of paying for a single ($13) and were given return tickets which stated KST PAID. As we were unable at that point to give a pickup time for our return trip, we were told to phone them when the ship berthed. (To ensure someone would be there for us we also emailed them from the ship with details but got no acknowledgement.) On arrival in Sydney, we rang and were told to ring again when we had passed through Customs and someone would be there in 20 minutes. Another couple of phone calls and an hour later we still hadn't been picked up. There was also another couple of passengers who had booked on line and their booking had been lost. Finally a driver in a KST Van, wearing KST uniform arrived, looked at our tickets and said they were no longer current. He didn' want to know the other couple either because they were not paying cash! He rang his office but wouldn't let us talk to them. He told us to ring the 1300 number on the ticket but when we did, it couldn't be connected. He then just drove off leaving us stranded.

We rang the office again and they gave us the number of another company which we rang. Airport Connect said they would honour the tickets and send a van. Unfortunately the driver didn't know where to go and was waiting out in the street and not at the bus pickup spot so finally after another call and over 1.5 hours wait, we were picked up and taken to the airport. Luckily we had our mobile phones with us and had booked a later flight. I might mention that while we were waiting, coaches organised by Princess were taking passengers to the airport for a cost of $40 (I think), but there was a man there who was directing passengers without bookings onto the same coach and charging $15. After seeing us wait so long, he even offered to take 2 of us for a total of $20.

So if you want to use KST, DON'T get a RETURN ticket!! Preferably don't use them at all, because they don't give you the right information and treat customers badly by just driving off.

Hi Joll, gee that is terrible.:mad:

I have to admit I have used them from Airport to Hotel, but never from ship to airport. (I use the p&O buses then)

plus, I was charged one fare from the desk inside Virgin terminal, another time I went straight outside to bus and was charged $3.00 more. yet friends were charged the lower.:(

kind regards, Lorraine:) :)

we too had trouble with a return ticket with KST, getting to warf 8 was fine but they took our booking invoice and said we had to print another to return, which we did when on board but on return, no show with the bus we rang and they stated they didnt have a booking even though we had a booking number and invoice, they said we had to wait for an hour for them to send a bus which would of been cutting it fine with our flight so in the end we jumped in a taxi!!

i would advise to book transfer with p&o and save the hassle!!

There have been a few here that have personally endorsed these transfers as the best way to transfer to/from the airport. It is a pity when a service like this lets people down, and good that you have let everyone know about the poor service. Make sure you let KST know your angst, and hopefully you can at least get a refund on your return portion.

With us travelling in 3's, I have always preferred a cab as $39 is a bit X'y for a stand and wait service when a cab is only a little more. When transferring from airport to hotel, it also saves the grand tour past everyone else's drop off points too.

Archived