NORWEGIAN JADE 29-Sep/09 Black Sea, from Athens

cheapest

Has anyone been on this itinerary? We will be starting in Atlanta, Ga. This cruise starts in Athens and ends in Istanbul. Any ideas on how to set up airlines? Is anyone else on this cruise? We are looking forwrd to this trip. I was stationed in Izmir about 25 years ago in the Army. In Izmir just want to walk the streets and see the changes. We booked this cruise after Carnival cancelled the 12 day out of Rome for Oct13th09. This will be our first trip on NCL. I will be be looking forward to your replies. THANKS

Has anyone been on this itinerary? We will be starting in Atlanta, Ga. This cruise starts in Athens and ends in Istanbul. Any ideas on how to set up airlines? Is anyone else on this cruise? We are looking forwrd to this trip. I was stationed in Izmir about 25 years ago in the Army. In Izmir just want to walk the streets and see the changes. We booked this cruise after Carnival cancelled the 12 day out of Rome for Oct13th09. This will be our first trip on NCL. I will be be looking forward to your replies. THANKS

Hi and welcome to CC. I can't answer your questions but I will head you to where you might get some info. I will do it in point form as its easier to follow:

1) go back to main page and click on "ports of call" then click on "Europe"

then click on "Mediterranean-Eastern & Western"

You are better off posting on this board any question on Europe and you can search through the threads for any info as well.

2) Again on the main page there is ROLL CALLS - Members Only area

in this area you would click on "Norweigen cruise line roll call "and then you would scroll through to see if a page has been set up for your cruise date by ship name. However there isn't one set up for your ship & date as yet. You may want to have a look at some other roll calls to get an idea.

If your up to it start one yourself and as cruisers start booking they will come on board and start posting questions and share valuable info.

If your not up to it, then keep coming back to see if a board has been started.

3) Another good site for info and questions is tripadvisor.com Here you can sign up free and post questions, do search such as "Athens forum" which will take to to a similiar set up as here on CC. You can also do search for hotels, see there ratings and you can get info on sites of interest in various ports. Its probably the # 2 site to CC.

Enjoy! As part of the fun of a vacation is the planning process.

[/url]

The roll call IS set up, I started it! :)

It's going to be a great trip, and really looking forward to it. Went to Izmir a few years ago, took the day-trip to Ephesus.

This is the first time (and only time this year, too) that they've done this itinerary, so you won't find a lot of information about it.

Join the roll-call, and we'll look forward to seeing you onboard.

Stephen

Did this iteniary last April We used our FF points to do our air but if that isn't an option, probably the best deals would be to find the cheapest round trip fare to a major European hub and then do two one ways. You might want to post on the "cruise air" board, those folks love helping out.

Have a great cruise...its wondrful, just rest up before you go...lots to see and do!

Clay

Not quite the same itinerary but we have just returned from the Norwegian Jade Istanbul to Athens 12 night cruise to the Greek Islands and Egypt. We loved it. Full review link in my signature below. We booked our air independently and had no problems. Hope you have a great trip!:) :)

• 4 weeks later...

I was on this Oct 1-12, Athens to Istanbul. Flew NS fr SFO to Frankfurt then to Athens for two overnights. Cruise and especially the ship was great. Had a cheaper outside on lower deck which was very large, esp the bathroom and shower. Decor of ship is of course Hawaiian but very tasteful and airy. Great dining venues. Plenty of time in Alexandria to do a Cairo tour. I specialize my personal itinerary and used a fantastic tour guide to do so. Spent 5 nites in Istanbul, could have spent a lot more but was ready to come home, so much to see there. Had a great hotel on top of the hill in the Sultanamet (Hotel Hali) that was near all the major sights, transportation and spectacular rooftop terrace, really lucked out on this one.

The ports are all OK, I tend to stay away from the fields of rubble and go to places that have a lot of intact ruins, such as Euphesus.

Most stunning Greek island: Santorini by far.

Least impressive: Iraklion

Best Greek island side trip: Achilleion Palace on Corfu.

I have tons of information at your beck and call, so beck and call me and I'll be glad to let you in on what I know.

Will be on this ship in March 2009. Who was your tour guide in Cairo? We are signed up for a ship's tour but would rather not do it if we could find a good guide. We are interested in a "one day" tour not an overnight.

<<<Karen>>>

Archived