smokesick

clerkhill

just returned fro Dawn Princess San Fran to Sydney.Maybe I was a little naive in not asking about the smoking policy ,I just a:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:ssumed in this day and age i would not have to be denied the use of two of the main bars,the Wheelhouse and Jammers because smoking was allowed (in restricted areas) like the smoke gives a hoot if it ends up in the hallways the cabins in your lungs and on you clothes . The cruise was 32 days long and on good weather days I was outside ,but on the few inclement days when I would have enjoyed a drink and some company in one of these bars the stench was intolerable and I ended up hacking like a poisoned dog while trying to be a "good sport." this is a warning to all check and check and check again if you don't want to be victimised by the cruiseline ;s ommision to tell all what their smoking policies are....wontbefooledagain

just returned fro Dawn Princess San Fran to Sydney.Maybe I was a little naive in not asking about the smoking policy ,I just a:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:ssumed in this day and age i would not have to be denied the use of two of the main bars,the Wheelhouse and Jammers because smoking was allowed (in restricted areas) like the smoke gives a hoot if it ends up in the hallways the cabins in your lungs and on you clothes . The cruise was 32 days long and on good weather days I was outside ,but on the few inclement days when I would have enjoyed a drink and some company in one of these bars the stench was intolerable and I ended up hacking like a poisoned dog while trying to be a "good sport." this is a warning to all check and check and check again if you don't want to be victimised by the cruiseline ;s ommision to tell all what their smoking policies are....wontbefooledagain

Sorry to hear that you got sick on your cruise. It's not however the cruise lines ommission tho as they have their policies in FAQ's on the website...in the cruise answer book and a host of other places. You just know to look in the future now so that you avoid becoming sick

Warren and Yvonne

We were on the same cruise - what a wonderful adventure it was, with wonderful weather and calm seas.

However, I too was not happy that the only two venues that had music for dancing in the evening were both smoking venues. Particularly as the Dawn Princess, being a smaller ship, only has the Wheelhouse bar and not Explorers Lounge as the larger ships do.

We were on the Sapphire last year and it was not a particular problem but perhaps the client mix this time (400 Germans) added to the smoking problem.

I put on my feedback form that I feel this is an issue that Princess needs to address. I know it is in the fine print, I don't need to be told this either, but in these times smoking is not permitted indoors in any Australian venue (including night clubs) and I think the US is pretty similar in their attitudes to smoking. Therefore I would hope that cruiselines like Princess would stop sitting on the fence and just ban smoking indoors.

If people want to smoke, OK, go outside. One side of Deck 12 was for smokers and I don't have a problem with this but it honestly made me feel the non-smokers were discriminated against.

I'm with you clerkhill. I will cruise Princess again, they are my favourite line in general but I wish they would address the wishes of the majority on this issue.

Beryl

I would agree I hope this does not turn into another smoking debate. I have to also agree most people are aware that most of the cruise lines still allow smoking on board.

As a none smoker i'm not keen on smoking in public areas as it does make my eyes sting. Not sure how may people are physicaly sick through it, after all at one time it was allowed everywhere. I guess the OP was not able to get out much at that time.

I would like to see it only out on deck but guess we may be a good while off before that happens as cruise lines seem more afraid than hey perhaps should about losing customers.

Archived