The Restauarant vs Restaurant 2

Baz-t

Will shortly be sailing on the Pride.

With the elegence and great food on offer in the Restaurant, what is the reason for chosing Restaurant 2?

Thoughts and comments would be appreciated.

A more relaxed enviremont, theme nights and great views on evenings when sailing close to shore. :)

For one thing on formal nights you can dine at 2 in just a jacket. The menus are completely different and they are diverse. Some nights you will have a tasting menu of several courses where different foods are paired for each course. These are extremely creative. Other nights will feature steaks or Indian food or chop house. In each case the presentation and offerings are unique and a nice change from the main restaurant. Also in pleasant weather one can dine outdoors at 2. It's definitely worth at least one try during a cruise. Personally, I go several times.

To me it's just a nice option. It's much more quieter and when it's really not that busy the service is beyond outstanding. The tasting menu nights are really a treat.

I agree with Queen Granny - make your reservations as far in advance as possible.

For one thing on formal nights you can dine at 2 in just a jacket. .

I must say I have not gone that far,unless you are trying to start a naturist themed cruise. :eek:

I have tried "2" a number of times and personally I think it lacks the level of service that you get in the Restaurant, they tend to put the less experienced staff here,also the food is not of the same level,but Seabourn must offer an alternative to compete.This area is great for Breakfast and Lunch but the Restaurant wins every evening including the outside deck barbeque nights.

On our recent cruise we ended up having dinner every night in the restaurant:

a) we like to dress up and yes, I agree with Lord Of the Seas in part, I believe the service is more polished there,

b)the menu in 2 rarely appealed to us,

c)it was usually a little cool and windy in the evening so no point in eating outside( though we did have breakfast and lunch almost exclusively in the Verandah), and

d) we had dinner with a variety of other couples we met on the trip and let them chose the venue.

On past cruises 2 was usually well booked -- on this trip servers frequently asked us as we were having lunch if we would be dining there in the evening -- hard to say why it was not as popular as usual.

On our 2-week LEGEND cruise in July 2007 we ate at "2" on 6 nights. Next year, we'll try for even more. It's one of many reasons we choose Seabourn.

The servers (RYAN, in particular) were excellent. He actually slowed our service down so that he could explain every ingredient in each dish. He could see how much we enjoyed the tastings concept.

In addition, we found the other diners each evening very friendly. We'd gather together for the nightcap as they cleared our dessert plates.

Cool and windy outside??!! If I even hinted at being cool, their famous wraps appeared instantaneously for my shoulders.

Please, please stay in the Restaurant....gives us more of a chance to dine at "2".

MM

On our 2-week LEGEND cruise in July 2007 we ate at "2" on 6 nights. Next year, we'll try for even more. It's one of many reasons we choose Seabourn.

The servers (RYAN, in particular) were excellent. He actually slowed our service down so that he could explain every ingredient in each dish. He could see how much we enjoyed the tastings concept.

In addition, we found the other diners each evening very friendly. We'd gather together for the nightcap as they cleared our dessert plates.

Cool and windy outside??!! If I even hinted at being cool, their famous wraps appeared instantaneously for my shoulders.

Please, please stay in the Restaurant....gives us more of a chance to dine at "2".

MM

I agree, Ryan is EXCELLENT!!

Host Dan

We are on the Pride in early Dec, our first Seabourn cruise

How do the reservations work for "2" is it daily or do you need to book as soon as you get on board?

They give you the menus the night prior, I've always called the night before and never had a problem. The only time I was disappointed was when there were not enough reservations and they closed that venue altogether for one night.

During your turndown service, your stewardess will leave a copy of the Seabourn Herald which includes the following evening's menus for both the Restaurant and 2. You can decide which one you favor and call reception to make a reservation. If you are cruising in the Caribbean you will probably have a third dining option at the Sky Grill dinners once or twice during the week. I've noticed the Sky Grill dinners book up fast probably because that is the only venue that accommodates smokers.

I've noticed the Sky Grill dinners book up fast probably because that is the only venue that accommodates smokers.

Correct, I am not a smoker but I tried twice to get a seat at one of those dinners and always got put on a "waitlist". I wish they'd offer it more often. :o

• 2 months later...

Just going through some old posts and I'm curious Baz-t, did you get a chance to try out 2 on your recent cruise? What did you think?

On the TransAtlantic last year, we only took advantage of it one time but thoroughly enjoyed it. Perhaps we'll try for more than one night on this year's cruise!

PRIDE Rest. 2 has great food and the service is as good as it gets for the 30+ lucky guests. If it's to windy or cool in a snap they will bring you inside. That's the reason for so few guests. The Indian dinner is a must. (not for everyone but those who like curry it's a must)

Archived