Dinner reservations Pearl

Fisical1

I may be naive, but I thought freestyle cruising meant eat when and where you want without reservations. Can you still go to any restaurant and try and eat without a reservation? We are booked on the Pearl on 1/18/09 and we are counting down the days.

You have a point!:) Yes-- you can go to any dining venue without reservations but, and yes, there is a BUT-- you may have to wait for a table. This is especially true during busy times say around 7ish... Sometimes though too-- the specialty places fill up with reservations-- so they might not be able to take any "walk-ins".

Honestly, IMHO, (no flames please!:) ) sometimes making the reservations can be a pain... you just have to make it a part of your daily routine-- to make the reservations for the next day...... it isn't too bad!:) And of course, you can always just show up and hope for the best.... you may just have to wait a bit...

I may be naive, but I thought freestyle cruising meant eat when and where you want without reservations. Can you still go to any restaurant and try and eat without a reservation? We are booked on the Pearl on 1/18/09 and we are counting down the days.

Yes you can. Reservations are not required but if there is a restaurant that you really want to try, I would recommend making reservations. Been on NCL several times and never had problems getting into the restaurants that I wanted to with or without reservations.

You are correct. The majority of folks eat in one of the free restaurants and never make a reservation. Actually, they do not even take them. There are also some smaller specialty restaurants that charge extra and these normally will need a reservation because they are much smaller than the main dining rooms.

Read more about sailing with NCL here

We have been on three cruises with NCL in the last 12 months and have noticed that the popularity of the Speciality Restaurants has declined. We honestly do not know if this is because of the economy or if people are realizing there is just as good of food to be had in the main free dining venues. The reason I'm posting this is to let you know you can probably get into any of the Speciality Restaurants that you want on any given night, with the exception of Teppanyaki. You are wise to ALWAYS make a reservation there. We just got off a week on the Pearl and could have dined pretty much any where we wanted to on any given night. Not to say we would not have had to wait for an available table, but we could have dined any venue if we had wanted to. Don't sweat it. I am sure you will have a great time if you get your reservations or not. 8-)

When you board, is there a place to go immediately to make dinner reservations.

We did this on the Star and was able to get what we wanted the first few days.

Thank you.

If you mean you got reservations for several days on embarkation day, then you need to know that only full suites can get reservations for the entire cruise on the first day. For mini-suites/deluxe balcony and balcony cabins, you can reserve 48 hours in advance only; for inside and oceanview cabins, you can reserve 24 hours in advance only.

beachchick

Archived